Son, I'm disappoint - stock KR

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
So i picked up a 2002 Regal GS last winter, not trying to turn it into race car by any means. Boltons, handling mods, appearance, fuel efficiency is what I'm looking for.
Recently got my hands on zzp's 1.0 tune, not sure how to feel about it. Car started knocking up to 5* on stock pulley (plog, catless downpipe, intake are only mods)

I scanned the car this morning and sent it back to zzp so they can tweak it. Got a response that fuel trims are off, boost is too high...on stock pulley and that I might damage the motor :ugh:

Can anyone look at the scan so I could get a second opinion?

Thanks!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's probably at WOT. I can't read the scan but I would be curious to know your boost if those morons are telling you it's too high. Should be around 7psi or so with the mods. Their timing might be a little too much for your car, who knows. But it's not their computers fault, you're over-boosting on a STOCK pulley :picard:

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
How old is the fuel filter and how is your fuel pressure?

Filter is less than year old, didn't check the fuel pressure.

These cars are old and beat. Its not 2000 anymore when u can throw a 3.4 on a intake/u-bend setup and get no KR and run 14.0's

I'm the third owner of this car, bought with 75k miles on the clock. First owner - an elderly couple, second owner - another old timer that had it for a year and was unable to drive anymore. I doubt they were doing burnouts on Old Country Buffet parking lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info