3800 Digital Camcorder question

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I'm looking at getting a new camcorder this year... but don't know much about them...

What features should I look for? (I know nothing about digi camcorders... )

Any models that are pretty decent?

I don't need a top of the line one... probably looking to spend no more than 1500... (though if I could get one for under a G that'd rock)

Any suggestions?

I'd like to stay w/canon as I have a canon digi-cam that works awesome ... so if their digi camcorders are as good as their digi-cameras then that's good enough for me....

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I like Sony I have a sony digi cam and my sister has a sony digi camcorder which is really good for me cause I have a sony vaio that i can just use there memory sticks in my pc. I think that would be a good camera and plus they give you a usb cable to transfer your pics but not your movies you would have to buy a kit for that, or i think it comes with the camcorder....good luck.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
We have a Sony TRV30 that we think is great. We paid around $1700.00 but that was almost 2 years ago. Also you will want to get more/bigger memory sticks and a larger battery. Good deals can be found on those if you shop around.
And it says we can connect it to a vcr and download vcr tapes to our computer, havn't tried that yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info