3800 Changing Spark Plugs

My check engine light went on today, so i took it to autozone and they scanned it. it threw code p0300, and p0420. i know the 2nd code is related to my cat being broken lol, but for code p0300 it says random/multiple cylinder missfire. the guy working there recommended that i change out the plugs, so i'm about to do so. my ? is, is it necessary to remove that metal heat shield that is surrounding the spark plug boot wire, or can i leave it on and pull on the remaining exposed part of the rubber boot? thanks!

--Adam

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
You will need to pull off the wires. Around the wires are metal boot protectors. Thos normally come off when you pull off the wires.

Word of caution.

If it is your first time pulling off the wires. They tend to stick. Best way to pull them off is to pull up and wiggle them back and forth while exerting an upward force. DO not pull on the wire what so ever. You might end up pullin out the wire from the boot.

When putting in new plugs use some antisieze on the plugs. And put some di-electric grease on the porcelin part of the plug. This also helps the boot from sticking to the plug..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• A
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list