3800 Cell Phones..

12secGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Des Plaines
Ok,
what is the best out there? I have nextel now but they are just getting to damn expensive and I need to start finding ways to cut my monthly costs.

I dont need alot of minutes so that will not be a factor in my decision.

I want to know about customer service, area coverage (I go to indiana and Wisconsin alot so coverage there will be necessary, actually nation wide...), line quality/service and phone/features (caller ID, text messageing, email, net access etc.)

Let me know what is up peeps!

TIA!
Chrys

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Becky and I have a family plan with tmoble for about 70 a month. That I believe is nation wide with free long distance, caller ID, call waiting. I also pay about 3 extra bucks for I believe it is unlimited text and web access. I never really had a problem, so I never delt with customer service, but from what I hear they are pretty good and try to cater to needs.

BTW, that 3 extra for ping pongs and net is included with the 70. Im pretty sure my coverage is nation wide since I was in ohio talking on my cell phone and had the ability anywhere between here and there.

I also should add that we have 800 anytime, unlimited night and weekends, and free tmoble to tmoble talking.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
I LOve my T-mobil, just that they are a little limited off the beaten path but are expanding everyday. When I go to 41 dragstrip, im out of zone, so no service, I hope its better this year, but that is pretty far off the highway, in Norwalk,OH, I had No problems.

I even took it to Hawaii, because of all the FREE long distance, no raoming, all calls from Hawaii were like a LOCAL CALL..

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I dont know what the best is - but I do know that CellularOne SUCKS. Coverage sucks. It's either that or my phone sucks. I went to a Cellular One store to complain and asked for another phone. I even told them I'd pay for a new phone. But for some reason, they didnt want to sell me a new one? WTH? :blink: :eek:

So as soon as this contract expires, I'm out of CellularOne.

I'd go T-Mobile - cause Zeta Jones is just hot! :p

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

GTPj

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Chicago
i have AT&T GSM and they are awsome, unless cingular buys them out :(....but they have excellent coverage with GSM and it will get better, customer service is good, plans are cheap, push to talk will come out in the spring time. free long distance, free calls from home network....so if your in vegas no roaming charges ect.....

malaka

Dec 22, 2008
If your looking for T-Mobile, let me know because I have a cousin that works there and can get good deals on the actual phones. He can only get the deals when someone is opening a new account. So if anyone is interested let me know what phone you want and I'll let you know how much he can get it for.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I had Verizon and switched to Nextel... I like one year contracts, 2 way, and customer service that fixes your problems. My Verizon phone never worke well in Florida (Orlando to be exact) and Verizon could never figure out why, then my phone just died one day and it was out of warranty, yadda yadda yadda. My Aunt just got T-Mobile and she says she prefers it over her former Nextel Service.

John

well, I really do like my nextel service but it is just too much $$ for what I am getting :(

Looks like a toss up between tmobile and verizon. Tmobiles service area seems a bit thin and really only covers the major hiways outside of major metro areas which concerns me but they have plans that better fit my needs.
Verizon has all the coverage I need but is kinda lame on plan packages :(

tough decision. :(

drifter

Dec 2, 2008
Originally posted by malaka@Feb 2 2004, 12:20 PM
If your looking for T-Mobile, let me know because I have a cousin that works there and can get good deals on the actual phones. He can only get the deals when someone is opening a new account. So if anyone is interested let me know what phone you want and I'll let you know how much he can get it for.
you gotta love greeks... we have cousins everywhere

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Before you go buy another phone, you should call and complain that your bill is to high and you are gonna switch. Almost every single time I have doen that, they start throwing out gifts and "special plans".
For my nextel, My bill is $58 for 800 anytime, and unlimited long distance and 2way and weekends and nights. Whatever you have, they can always make it better ;)

S

sr71_rgl

I've been seeing on TV that nextel has a new deal of 500 mins for $50. I know 500mins isn't a whole lot but they might be able to work with you for a custom plan. Tell em you're a preferred customer blah blah blah and if they don't work with you that you'll gladly give your money to another provider.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Yeah I second the call and bitch idea. Steve's sister and husband both have nextel and their bills were like $200 a month, so they called and complained, and now those bastards bills are cheaper then mine and steve's!!! he he :)
But we don't use nearly the amount of minutes we are given so we can't complain! Good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info