3800 ABS light

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
For some reason, the last few days my ABS light comes on and the trac light off comes on, is that because my ABS went out?? and also sometimes after a light and I hit the gas my parking break light comes on? I don't know why its doing this, I shut the car off and turn it back on sometimes there gone and sometimes there still lit up on the dash... its weird

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Originally posted by dole21@Jan 31 2004, 09:45 PM
i had that happen...it was an 2 abs wheel hub sensors...
just out of curiosity ... how much was it to replce those sensors ... my ABS light is on as well as the check tire pressure light. i believe they work in conjuction with one another ... i notice sometimes when i start my car and its cold they come on at the exact same time . kinda weird ... :unsure:

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
When I had that problem a few years back I fixed it with contact cleaner and electric tape. I took the wheels off to easily reach the sensor connector. Unpluged it and sprayed both ends with contact cleaner. Reconnected and taped with good 3M electric tape.

That was 2 years ago - and I havent had that problem since. It's worth a try before replacing the sensors.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If it's the wheel hub sensor(s), it's a 80-90 dollar part. It's not too hard to replace, but it's actually the sensor and wheel hub combined. I replaced mine in about 1/2 hour. I'm sure a dealership would charge up the wazoo for it. In my situation the bearing was totally shot and the wheel was wobbling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info