L67 Swap In 2000 Lumina?

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Getting bored and looking for something to do! I have been pondering for a while of scrapping my 3.1 LG8 motor and throwing in a L67... The car is a presentable looking lumina but is by no means a 80 year old womans car. Its has dents, It has scratches, It has rust. But It would be fun to put a pullied down L67 in it and run 13's with it and fuck with people for under a grand lol. The trans is already a 4T65E so im not sure if there is any differences between the L67 mated ones. The motor should drop in pretty damn easy being the car is a W-body. Anyone know of someone who has done this? I know I will need a Programmed PCM, ect... What do you peeps think?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
ooohhhh man.

Your car should have a 60e and not a 65e. You can use a 98-02 droupout but the wiring is pretty useless in a 1.5 Wbody. The best harness is to use a 98-99 3800 monte and lumina and use some of the top swap adaptors for the map sensor.

A top swapped L26 is a good combo. But there is no options for headers as the 1 and 1.5 gen firewalls and completely different than that of the 2nd gens. You can either cut and bang open the firewall or cut up the headers to make them drop down enough to clear the firewall

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
ooohhhh man.

Your car should have a 60e and not a 65e. You can use a 98-02 droupout but the wiring is pretty useless in a 1.5 Wbody. The best harness is to use a 98-99 3800 monte and lumina and use some of the top swap adaptors for the map sensor.

A top swapped L26 is a good combo. But there is no options for headers as the 1 and 1.5 gen firewalls and completely different than that of the 2nd gens. You can either cut and bang open the firewall or cut up the headers to make them drop down enough to clear the firewall

I thought the 2000-2001's had the 65e? your probably right though. Yea I probably wont go the gen 3 3800 L26, If I can get this L67 for a good price and everything checks out thats the route I will go. Anything need to be moved ect?

if you're serious I have a harness I'd let go cheap

As long as I can get this motor or another I am very serious on the harness... What would I need for the PCM? Custom tuned I would assume!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I thought the 2000-2001's had the 65e? your probably right though. Yea I probably wont go the gen 3 3800 L26, If I can get this L67 for a good price and everything checks out thats the route I will go. Anything need to be moved ect?
Nope nothing. If you get the HD trans than you will have to make a custom passenger side axle with the inner tulip being from the hd and the outer being stock. Pretty easy just have to get the boots on right so they dont split and spray.

As long as I can get this motor or another I am very serious on the harness... What would I need for the PCM? Custom tuned I would assume!

Yes evenrtually you'll want a powertuner or hptuners. The computer that is in my Lumina will let it idle and run just fine but the shift points will all be jacked because of the 3:05 gear ratio in the trans I have. And it's not programmed for boost etc. It does however have stock l67 injectors tuned into it because thats what I had laying around at the time I did the swap.

Oh and also you'll need to redo the fuel lines but is super simple

Breze84

Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Nope nothing. If you get the HD trans than you will have to make a custom passenger side axle with the inner tulip being from the hd and the outer being stock. Pretty easy just have to get the boots on right so they dont split and spray.

Yes evenrtually you'll want a powertuner or hptuners. The computer that is in my Lumina will let it idle and run just fine but the shift points will all be jacked because of the 3:05 gear ratio in the trans I have. And it's not programmed for boost etc. It does however have stock l67 injectors tuned into it because thats what I had laying around at the time I did the swap.

Oh and also you'll need to redo the fuel lines but is super simple

Cool cool, I will keep you in the mix on this :pedobear:

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
I always wanted to do a turdbo 3100.

If could score a 89/90 turbo motor to drop in, and slap on
real pipes/turbo/injectors/electroics/ect could make for a decent setup.

People have gotten respectable #'s out of them.

4t60e isn't super great, but can get it beefed up a little bit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info