3800 Gauging interest GMPP

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by BLK00GTP@Jan 29 2004, 04:35 PM
I plan on buying the GMPP Koni/lowering springs setup in a few weeks. The problem im having is that I dont want the springs. I plan on buying the Eibach Pro-Kit. Would anyone be interested in buying the springs from me? They would obviously be brand new because i dont plan on installing them.
Has anyone ever tried the GMPP kit, and then throw in the ebachis???? For comparison sake

I have the entire GMPP kits and im not sure I would risk switching the spring rates for the extra 1/4 inch or so.....plus, the kit is already low as hell. you scrap so easily and have to be really careful. I have been really, really carful and I have had a few little scrapes on the bottom frt bmpr......

oh yes, you have to go up drive was sideways.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
RoyalGTP do you have any pics of your car? I'd like to see the wheel gap with the GMPP kit. Maybe I'll just try the whole kit first..How long have you had yours...Does it feel stiff...do you bounce around alot..does the kit help alot with handling..im also planning on getting the handling kit to with the upgraded sways and rear tubular arms.. I used to race honda's and ive driven plenty of lowered cars i know what you mean about scraping...lol...its the last sound you want to hear...

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by BLK00GTP@Jan 29 2004, 04:52 PM
RoyalGTP do you have any pics of your car? I'd like to see the wheel gap with the GMPP kit. Maybe I'll just try the whole kit first..How long have you had yours...Does it feel stiff...do you bounce around alot..does the kit help alot with handling..im also planning on getting the handling kit to with the upgraded sways and rear tubular arms.. I used to race honda's and ive driven plenty of lowered cars i know what you mean about scraping...lol...its the last sound you want to hear...
I am very happy with the kit except for one porblem....the sold me on that is 1 inch bigger on the driver side door....its been a real PITA to deal with Gm on this issue. We almost had it settled but they only have 2 "certified" GM dealers who deal with GMPP stuff. :blink: ....I know....ghay...

I need to first schedual an apointment a week in advance.....but first i have to cordinate it with both GMPP and the dealer(the dealer was like WTF are you talkin about? who sent you here? whats there name?)....

then if the dealer says it is indeed a defective part, GMPP will send them a replacement.....

I then have to wait one more week to schedual and apointment and pray it comes in on time..........

With school and all its beens such a PITA.....really.
I hope to have this resolved on my car by summer.

BTW, I didnt notice it till it was all installed on the car. :(

Besides that, if the kit is on minus all the way, it is a very nice, soft ride...It is engineered to be a stock setting....like a new one off the lot. On FULL HARD, it is very stiff. you feel a lot of the road. i like it. With a nice set of grippy tires(which I dont have) this kit would be amazing in the corners.

WIth a full load in the trunk and back seat, and with them set on max, you do get a little bounce after the potholes.......

But normally they are great and the car will not bounce for a while after bumps like I see rice cars do all the time.

Save the 225 buck and keep it normal. Plus, these babies slip right in from the box.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info