Hp estimate

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Think of it like a 3.4" pulley on a supercharged motor with those same mods. That's very much doable. Sure it will probably have KR, but most builds without an I/C will. They're really hard to tune for on pump gas. Trust me.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
and that is all it is, an opinion. But facts, and previous builds in the past, over the years... show that, most commonly... a pulley on an l26/36 is equivalent to .2-.3" smaller on the same l67/l32 setup.

With that being said.. Headers, cai, downpipe,ubend work just fine on a 3.4" setup on an l67/32

Shit, back in the day before these engines were tired and worn out, we used to run a 3.4", cai, DP, and Ubend, absolutely zero knock retard.

*damnit, 10sec beat me to it. I had the window opened, half typed.. walked away from the pc, then came back to finish it. :rofl:

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I agree a 3.6" is 'doable' for this engine but is it optimal? (I never said anything about shooting pistons ;) )

Yes, an L67 with headers can safely run a 3.4" pulley with light/moderate knock. I'd rather run a larger pulley and keep the ECM away from the low octane timing tables. I thought the general consenus was more timing is preferred over more boost?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
225whp that would be about 280-290 crank hp, if you want to make 280whp you will need a cam and a 3.2 or smaller pulley and a dyno tune, my top swap car made 270 and some change with a gen v s1x cam headers cai injectors on a 3.2 pulley with a slight bit of knock at the top of 3rd

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info