iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Here's what our class has read (or me independently):
Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game series
The Great Gatsby
The Catcher in the Rye
like 3 Mark Twain books (im done reading those for a bit)

I'm interested in these so far, and I'll look into them a little more:
John Kennedy Toole - A Confederacy of Dunces
Kurt Vonnegut - Cat's Cradle
Ken Kesey - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
William Gibson - Neuromancer
Michael Crichton - Sphere

I like war books and stuff if that helps out, which is why I liked the Ender's Game series. Also, books that make you think is really good, also. I'm probably going into the Navy, so those related books are pretty interesting to me. Also, Sphere had a really crappy ending :(

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Sphere was an awesome book but the movie is HORRIBLE. Lord of the flies is cool too.
The catcher in the rye IMO was terrible. It is what made me stop reading. I figured if a book that was supposed to be so great was so bad to me than the books than most other books I will dislike too. I only read nonfiction stuff now.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
I forgot to put Michael Crichton - Sphere in the "already read" part of the list. I have read it, and although it was good, the ending was one of the crappiest pieces of work I've yet to experience. It was a totaly disappointment having a good burn turn sour with the ending, and I felt it wasted my time...

I've narrowed it down to:

John Kennedy Toole - A Confederacy of Dunces
Kurt Vonnegut - Cat's Cradle
Stephen Crane - The Red Badge of Courage
Joseph Heller - Catch 22

I'm really leaning to catch 22...

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
There is a book called The Cobra Virus. I can't remember who the author was, but it was an awesome military/CDC book. Also, Catch 22 was great, I read it in school.

I know it's a long book, and I don't know if it's considered Amercan Literature, but War and Peace might be an option. I have a book called The Others, it's about shape shifters and the military's use of them as a war weapon. Degree of Guilt by Richard North Patterson-good law book, I have that also. Anything by Stephen King...I have the Dark Half(my fav by him), Skeleton Crew, Eyes of the Dragon, and a few more that i recall. Dean Koontz Servants of the Twightlight, Dragon Tears, The Funhouse, Door to December(military use of telepathy/ESP)...have a few of those. Anything by F. Scott Fitzgerald. To Kill a Mockingbird is good.

Dont know if you are into Medival/Fantasy/Sci-fi at all, but I have about 35-40 books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman...DragonLance series.

I have books coming out my ears, let me know if you want to borrow any. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info