fuel cutting

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
Quick question. Wondering if there is any way to solve or avoid this without having the car retuned again because I don't want to spend the money on another tune until I can do the rest of the upgrades I want to do at the same time. It usually only fuel cuts in overdrive at low RPMs so when I'm climbing a hill I just drop it into 3rd. No big deal. However last night I got lined up with a BMW, and it launched hard as fuck but then fuel cut in first gear almost immediately and made me look like a dumbass. Its been cutting in overdrive with heavy throttle as long as I've owned it (I usually just leave it in 3rd), but this is the first time its done it in first. When I was out a few nights ago practicing my launch it didn't do it at all but then when I get an actual race the car decides to be a bitch. Is it just because I gave it too much throttle off the launch and it tried to build boost while the RPMs were still too low? It shouldn't be starving for fuel, I have an AEM 320lph fuel pump.

PS. Does anyone know if Thrasher Engineered Performance is still in business? Their website is still up but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually purchase the products they have listed as far as I could tell. The reason I ask is because the MPS and aftermarket air box on my car are Thrasher products, and I was curious to see what else they offered. They look like quality products and I'm wondering if its just a dead website or if they are actually still in business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SlowGSX
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list