headers spark plugs and exhaust

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Electronic cutout would give me the ability to silence my car when it needs to be and i would leave my cat on with a straight pipe

I know that, but having just a cat and no mufflers will pretty much sound the same as the open cutout :rofl:

I'd do maybe a resonator delete with stock mufflers, and then cut out. It won't sound like a muscle car, I promise. Maybe sliiiiiightly at idle, but under any throttle it'll sound like the garbage we're talking about. I have a Borla muffler on mine, and it still sounds like junk at anything over 45% throttle

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I assume OP is referring to the exhaust sounding good at idle, which it does.

As for the ported supercharger, no, it will not do anything. I would save the $$ and run a low boost turbo kit. Then that straight piped shit will sound pretty good.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Go fer a ride in my black 97 with 3 inch exhaust...as soon as you start to cruise at 55 miles an hour you're gonna want some earplugs.
it's not so bad if you keep it in 3rd gear below 55 miles an hour but don't expect any sort of decent fuel economy that way

Bring a noseplug too unless you like the smell of musty ashtrays.

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
The stock exhaust is pretty decent anyway from what I understand. I would suggest keeping it simple and just adding a cutout. I'm kinda disappointed with the sound of my exhaust. TOG headers, Magnaflow cat, full 3" stainless pipe all the way back with a 3.5" dump, split into two Flowmaster mufflers. Sounds great at idle and low RPMs but it gets pretty raspy at higher RPMs. I expected more from $1200 worth of exhaust plus headers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info