Twin Engine Canadian GTP

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Its cool guys James/AL are building a 9 second car before it runs 12's.

:rofl:

well we thought about throwing both power trains in there to run some numbers but we started thinking about safety and the fact Al's wife will kill me if he dies in the 442.

we decided to go ahead and make sure if that we had a solid foundation for the next 20-30 years.

when the car is all done and makes 1200 horsepower and all-wheel-drive.... it will still be one third the cost of a GTR

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Hehehe, finish the damn thing I hope I lit a fire under your ass !

I'm not very patient so that Twin engine was really built in about 3 weeks total. Counting taking the parts from the donor.

But it was spread out over a year because of lack of time.
Most of the time we were 2-3 guys in the project at the shop.

It is definately everything I wanted and more. It is only runniung 60% power right now. Low boost at the back and S/C in front. It will be turbo soon and the crappy sound you hear is mostly coming from the S/C exhaust. once turbo it will be a lot more quiet and sound more like a Grand National with two engines in it.

The AWD will make the car extremely fun to race at street events when there is no glue or at night. The tracks in my area have really poor prep so AWD is needed on off days.

It's making 700HP or so right now and will be bumped to 800HP for the 1st test run at the track next weekend. Biggest worry for me is stopping at the end of the track. Because of the slicks and ET street tire I can't go too big on the brakes. THe car weighs 4500lbs ! so it's not going to be easy to slow down with the short and rough shutdowns we have to deal with here.

Reactions: Freebeer187

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hehehe, finish the damn thing I hope I lit a fire under your ass !

I'm not very patient so that Twin engine was really built in about 3 weeks total. Counting taking the parts from the donor.

But it was spread out over a year because of lack of time.
Most of the time we were 2-3 guys in the project at the shop.

It is definately everything I wanted and more. It is only runniung 60% power right now. Low boost at the back and S/C in front. It will be turbo soon and the crappy sound you hear is mostly coming from the S/C exhaust. once turbo it will be a lot more quiet and sound more like a Grand National with two engines in it.

The AWD will make the car extremely fun to race at street events when there is no glue or at night. The tracks in my area have really poor prep so AWD is needed on off days.

It's making 700HP or so right now and will be bumped to 800HP for the 1st test run at the track next weekend. Biggest worry for me is stopping at the end of the track. Because of the slicks and ET street tire I can't go too big on the brakes. THe car weighs 4500lbs ! so it's not going to be easy to slow down with the short and rough shutdowns we have to deal with here.

Get some race pads for it, that will solve your problem right there. I would only get them for the front though, you probably don't want that much brake in the rear. When a friend of mine built his twin engine talon it took some time to get the rear bias right at the perfect spot. Being that they're front brakes in the back the first few passes were :noes::noes::noes::noes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info