3800 mods needed to have to use 3.25 pulley....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Mine is a daily driver with a 3.25 - no ic needed. Just have a good intake/exhaust, colder plugs, and maybe a mini-afc, you'll be good to go. If you can't afford headers, ported manifolds are ok. It would be best to get some computer work done, but it's not required.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
one thing you gotta remember, is each car is different, where some people may only need CAI, Exhaust, PCM, to run that.. others will need a whole lot more, including ported manifolds or headers, and rockers...

Depends on your car. You are flirting with trouble though.. if you come up with "pie in the sky" dreams to run something smaller than you are capable.

I had to run rockers, ported manifolds, exhaust, PCM, and other things to run a 3.25. And even then, sometimes I see knock.

It all depends on your car. Best thing to do, is to get an autotap, with what you got, and that would give you an idea. Most people are seeing knock with only a 3.4. Going to a 3.25 at that point, would mean that you will soon need some major work on your car, when it blows up.

Be careful, and mod safely. Get an autotap.

John

GTPj

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Chicago
computer work meaning reprogrammed PCM? so far i have as mods are: DHP, 3.4, CAI, u-bend removed, colder plugs, 180 t-stat, SnM MM's, no exhaust work...i think that is it..performance wise. yup, first i need to autotap my car......dumb question but you cannot feel KR when you drive the car right? only when you scan your car? :blink:

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
no you cannot feel knock. Only the tiny sensors inside your engine can. I would say hold off on anything else until you meet up with someone and their autotap. Then if you are good to go, try the 3.25". You will probably want a little more exaust work though, but who knows....... autotap does.

I have run the 3.0" for almost 5 years now with stock exhaust and stock PCM. Including the U-Bend. Got nice cold plugs, 160* thermo, adj. FPR, and a 7" open code (no CAI), 38#/hr injectors. Get about 1-2* KR in the summer.

As John said, all cars react different. I most certainly have a "factory freak". Try running these mods on some cars and you'll end up with fractured pistons!

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
i was crazy/stupid and a 3.0 with a 9" cone for quite some time without anything else. It was great in cold weather, but in hot/warm weather, timing sucked bad.... 7-8 advance with 8-9 KR. :(

That obviously went away with race gas.

As others have already said, it really depends on the car. I have a block sitting in my garage with 2 popped pistons and all the guy did was add a 3.4" pulley for a.... 15 - 20 minutes.... :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info