3800 OK.... I give up!!!

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
OK... I just got my O2 sim put in and I thought my problems were at least taken care of for the time being. :(

Prior to installing the O2 Sim, the readings from my rear O2 sensor were 0 mA and when I backed off the throttle, it would occassionally read 80 mA. But this would throw the Catalyst Inefficiency code. No problem, 3" exhaust and I half expected that, hence.... O2 Sim. <_<

So, O2 Sim get's installed last Friday. Well this morning I decided to Tap the car on the way to work and just see what it reads...... 0 mA with an occassional 80 mA.... when I back off the throttle. But now, instead of a Catalyst Inefficiency code, I get P0138 - Rear O2 Sensor High Voltage!!!! So...... what the hell?? :huh:

I had for a short time, a Casper TPE that would give me a TPS High Voltage code and the car wouldn't down shift on the high way. Removed it and problem solved! So now I'm wondering what's different on the 2003's that it doesn't like sims or TPE's. Any help would be great to just get it under control.

Well, thanks for reading this, and if you have any ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Jack :blink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info