3800 P.O.S. GTX never fails

I

imported_GraFFix

Is there any air getting forced out the bottom of the blower..like on the side?

take some soapy water and put it in a squirt bottle and spray it around the base of the supercharger..might be worth checking.

with a 3" pully..and no headers you might be boost stacking..and causing stuff to flex?

I could be way off but I thought Id toss it in there...other then that it might just be a cracked vacume line..por something got losened?

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by GraFFix@Jan 26 2004, 11:58 PM
Is there any air getting forced out the bottom of the blower..like on the side?

take some soapy water and put it in a squirt bottle and spray it around the base of the supercharger..might be worth checking.

with a 3" pully..and no headers you might be boost stacking..and causing stuff to flex?

I could be way off but I thought Id toss it in there...other then that it might just be a cracked vacume line..por something got losened?
and no cos it only whistles at idle with no boost

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Didn't J/O have a leak on his at first? I thought I remember him posting his LT's were high then found a vac leak. I just can't remember if he reposted his new LT's. 16 is high, you should be setting a code for fuel sytem lean (PO171). You may want to check that the PCV doesn't have an extra o-ring in it, but that's the only easy might be I can think of.

BoostInside

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
Don't know what it is, but it happens to me too (not very often).

This happened after GTPictor helped me with the engine swap.
We did have to mount a new alternator, and and we put in the block without the SC and once engine was in, the SC was installed.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the SC, don't have very technical background in cars, but by the looks of it both of us have the same thing happen after the SC was removed and put back on.

I had a few vaccum issues with my IC when I first put it in. Is it really messing up performance? Let me take a look at it before you decide to sell the thing. that car is beginning to look really nice, dont give up so soon. You have to realize when you start adding things like a IC, cam and such the car will never be the same, it is almost on borrowed time. You have to expect things to fail and you have to be prepared to fix them. That is what sucks about these GP's and I fear for a lot of you that really want to get crazy about this car. It is time to realize they can't be that fast without things needing to be constantly replaced. I think many here have neglected that fact and will get bit once they start shooting for their high 11's or low 12's. It's a whole different ballgame that will end up having you spending the money you would on a Vett or some other sportscar, and be on the verge constantly of a breakdown. I've kept my mouth shut, just because people think getting low 12's or 11's is as easy as their mid 13's they ran by adding a pulley and a few other bolt ons. But getting faster in the game you sacrafice reliability. Don't get me wrong Mike, this isn't aimed at you, this is aimed at most of the club that have these high hopes, which is good, but they have to be aware that they will have failures, and will be spending more than they ever expected.

I haven't done one major modification ever since the IC because so many things start to go wrong after that, that need to be fixed. Money will be wasted on these GP's trying to get them extremely fast, this is one major reason I want out right now, but hell you just got yours together and you havent even had one summer with it!! Have some fun with it before selling, just my opinion. :) Let me help you if you want.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
His car did not blow up, it had a vaccuum leak. He did not even use gaskets in the install. Which can be OK but not suggested.
My car did blow up because I advanced the timing so much since I could not get one degree of knock to show up with my IC. Everyone told me that was gonna happen way before I ever hit the gas that night. If anything my car blowing up is good advertisement.
And waiting for someone's car who races to have problems is not a big suprise in the first place. I could not name one person( nor can you) that races with no problems. If that bothered anyone we would all be driving civic's.
So we don't need any negativity to start again.
I have been working on a way to get your little brother directions most of this time also. It just takes a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info