Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broadband (ISDN or up)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I am curious what you are using.. I used the site today.. and it was a dog, on 56k.. I noticed that there are quite a few people with farily large signitures, and avitars.

I am wondering how much it bothers the slower people on the site. I never noticed because I am on a fast connection.

What are you using? And if you are on a slower connection would you like to see smaller avitars, and stricter file sizes, to speed the site up...

Let me know. Please.. after voting, post a response, on A) What you voted for B) whether or not, you would like to see some of the images and stuff cut down.

Oh one other thing, do not mention if so and so, has a large image or whatever, otherwise I will delete it... I just want to hear opinions, no digs..

John

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
my avatar is pretty large (68k) ... just noticed it...

I'd vote for a limited supply of avatars (pic somethign from the preapproved list) and text only sigs..... or max size of 30k for avatars?

when I selected my avatar ... i just resized a pic until it was allowed... but I think the limit is 100k... ? (just changed my avatar to one using only 400 bytes....)

I am on DSL at home and a T3 at work.
Tracy is on a 56k dialup which never connects higher than 42k. It is really not that bad. ya it sucks since i am used to BB but not that bad. most sigs load quick enough,
some of the animated ones are a PITA and anytime a pic is actually attached and viewable it can take a bit. but the page and text load fast enough and that is the important part to me.... to be able to read the stuff....

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I have dial up at home, but I hardly am online at home becuase it is so slow, much faster here at work.

I don't mind the sigs (I used to have a picture in mine), but maybe we could limit them to a certain size, some of them are out of hand size-wise.

Is there a switch to turn them off, I have done that on other boards cuase their sig banners are huge and very annoying!

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
Dial up here.... but I just got done talking to a friend at SBC.... He's going to see what he can do for me. Until then.... I see everything except the videos. Sigs and Avatars don't bother me. I have satelite for tv, so going with cable is out of the question. It'll have to be DSL when the time comes.

Thread Info