tire blew resulting in paint damage...can this be fixed?

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
Okay so first I would like to apologize in advance if I come across as being short with you guys right now. I haven't slept in well over 24 hours, then on the way home from dropping my friend off at the airport this morning one of the piece of shit tires on the front of my car shredded resulting in severe paint damage and a piece of trim going missing that I was unable to find. I am beyond pissed off right now, to the point that I am seeing red. So yeah.

KPPSstf.jpg

Jvmq6S2.jpg

0ol58mZ.jpg

I do not have the money to have my car repainted right now. Do you guys think this is repairable or am I fucked? I'm also worried that the fender will start to rust along the exposed metal especially since it rained this morning the whole rest of the way home.

Edit: my phone is a piece of crap, forgive the fact that all the pics are sideways for absolutely no reason.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I doubt the baldness of the tire was the cause of the blowout, maybe the age and dry rott but not cause of the tread. I've driven almost every tire I've owned to complete baldness and at high speeds without a problem. I've only had one tire in my time come apart, I take that back, burnout contest I had one blow the treads off but aside from that the other time was the side wall ripped and tire leaked air. This was due to dry rott tho, the tire had plenty tread life.

Check your tires inside and outside for dry rott. It'll save your and others lives.

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
I have known those tires were shot. I just needed them to last until the ZZP control arms I ordered a month ago finally came in. There is a brand new set in my garage. I didn't expect that when it blew it was going to completely destroy my paint.

What is the paint code for touch up paint? Its a 98

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
I guess I will hit AutoZone tomorrow for some touch up paint and a buffer, hopefully I can minimize the damage for now. What bothers me the most is that little piece of trim thats missing, which knowing my luck I wont be able to find another one.

Will post updated pics tomorrow after I have attempted to repair it. There are a couple other places I need to touch up too so I will probably do all those spots tomorrow and try to blend the off-the-shelf "Duplicolor Perfect Match" gloss black with the factory paint.

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
I picked up the supplies today but I don't feel like messing with it right now so I will probably do it tomorrow. I've pretty much resigned myself to repainting the whole car eventually. The idea is just to minimize the damage and buy time at this point, so I can finish building it, then the final step to calling my car finished will be the minor body work it needs and all new paint. I don't ever plan to get rid of it after spending almost five years convincing the previous owner to sell it to me, so if it takes me a couple years to finish then I'm okay with that.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
As far as I know the Regal door trim/rocker panel gfx cannot be found at the dealer, thought I heard a while back that the whole bottom piece was discontinued. J/Y would be the best place for that.

On a plus note, it looks like you're rocking GSX wheels now? :bigthumb:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info