3800 ILGPC INTERCOOLER

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Jan 26 2004, 10:48 AM
Question:

So, is the core replaceable on the AC IC unit? What advantage / disadvatage does this have? And is it necessary to replace to core more any reason besides damage?

Just trying to learn.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP
no u cant replace the core, the only time you need to is damage or carbon build up

but with EGR bloacked off you dont get any carbon in your blower so no carbon on your core

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
The core is replaceable. It is only welded a bead down the outside of the core. Tis allows you to be able to easily cut that and pull it out. To get it re-welded is very cheap and pretty much anyone can do it.
The only time people have ruined a core( from what I know) is from running boost without the water circulating through it. This can cause the fins to become britol. I read about this happening to someone's ZZP IC, but I am sure that is just the way thin aluminum acts.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by BLK00GTP@Jan 26 2004, 11:12 AM
That sure does look pretty! My only question is can you use steel braided lines instead. I think those have a cleaner look to them. None the less J/O it looks very nice!!! Congrats!
Thanks Much. ;)

yes, you can use steel braided hoses forsure...superchargedgp(mike), has them on his car as we speak. I think he posted pics on Clubgp, not over here. It LOOKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice.

My only concern with the STEEL braided, is the steel is going to RETAIN heat.(been there, done that)I might replace my hose when need be to rubber, instead of the stuff in there now, its ok, but i think rubber hose will be better. I used this stuff to make sure everything will work and flow OK.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by LP 3800@Jan 26 2004, 10:55 AM

The only time people have ruined a core( from what I know) is from running boost without the water circulating through it. This can cause the fins to become britol. I read about this happening to someone's ZZP IC, but I am sure that is just the way thin aluminum acts.
SO are you saying the ZZPs uses cheaper fins for thier IC?.....i really dont know, just looking for some info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info