best junkyard for 3800 parts?

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
As the title says. I need a pull-it-yourself junkyard somewhere close to East Dundee with a decent selection of 3800 vehicles.

Specifically I need a replacement sending unit/fuel pump assembly. Im tired of my gas gauge not working and I don't exactly trust the spliced wiring inside the gas tank (thank the PO for that one). Will one out of any Regal work or does it have to be from a supercharged one? I would assume any would work since I'm not replacing the pump itself.

Thanks in advance. I'm going to St. Louis this weekend and I would like to fix it "right" before I make that drive.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There's always 3800 cars at CityAuto in Aurora. I couldn't guarantee anything but I every time I go there I see a lot. BUT AFAIK you can't go around the yard during the week. They have to pull it for you, but I haven't been there in about a year so that could have changed.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
in regards to that first statement I was referring to the fuel level senders
in terms of the canisters there are the early style metal locking ring and the later style thread on collar that retains the canister into the fuel tank.
plastic fuel tanks had both options while the steel fuel tanks only had the metal locking ring

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
city auto wreckers is open on saturday morning to the public

They're open until 1:30 on Saturdays, was just there last weekend. Both yards in Aurora(City Auto Wreckers and Aurora U-Pull-It) both have an abundance of 3800 cars. Including 2-3 Regal GS'. Neither of which are 97's if I remember right. City Auto has an 01+ GS that's pretty damn mint, so I'd start there.

There is a yard in Elgin too, Bluff City I think? Or maybe that's the street it's on. No clue of the inventory though.

SlowGSX

Jun 19, 2014
I guess I will just go hit U-Pull-It if I don't hear back from you within an hour or so. I was really hoping you could save me the trouble and a few bucks by selling me one of yours but I want to fix this today and I don't have much time to wait.

Thanks for the info guys.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I guess I will just go hit U-Pull-It if I don't hear back from you within an hour or so. I was really hoping you could save me the trouble and a few bucks by selling me one of yours but I want to fix this today and I don't have much time to wait.

Thanks for the info guys.

yeah it wasnt hapenin same day lol

I pulled one from a 99 Regal. I assume its compatible?

I have an AEM 320lph fuel pump. All I mainly needed was the wiring and float mechanism.

should be a nice setup

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info