3800 Fuel filter

allrite well i went out and baught a new fuel filter for my gtp, since i have no idea when it was changed last. im following the instructions from http://tacgp.clubgp.com/, i de-pressurized the fuel system and all, but the damn bolt that goes into the fuel filter is damn near permantly rusted on there! i got it soaking in some wd-40 right now, anyone have any tips they would be able to give me on how to get this damn thing off? i already punched myself in the damn side of the face when the wrench slipped off the bolt....grrrrr....but right now im taking a break and making some pizza and wating for the wd-40 to soak in lol

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!

Do not use vice grips or pipe wrench or crescent wrench. You do not want to strip that bolt.

Use the proper open end wrenches. One to put on the nut and the other to put on the filter side NUT.

Soak that bad bot with PB blaster..way better than WD-40.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by dole21@Jan 23 2004, 01:06 AM
I used a flare nut wrench to help get mine off....for me a normal wrench kept slipping as well....
Thats the proper tool to use, i just wound up using channel locks and open end wrenches to pry my first one off, then put teflon tape on it when i put it back in so my next fuel filter change wont be quite as hard. :-/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info