4PTnDmn.jpg

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
are the slides free? i know you said they moved "smooth" but, did you clean and lube them last time you did the brakes?

in my experience, aftermarket pads are JUNK. like no advance, vatozone, oriellys ect brake parts will last more than like 2 years. it sucks, but thats just the way it is. not sure why....

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
are the slides free? i know you said they moved "smooth" but, did you clean and lube them last time you did the brakes?

in my experience, aftermarket pads are JUNK. like no advance, vatozone, oriellys ect brake parts will last more than like 2 years. it sucks, but thats just the way it is. not sure why....

If you can, find the Wagner's. Best ones you can get. Or Abex if they are available for your app.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Always clean and lubed pin. Any good way to check for bad hose?

Undo both calipers. Compress both sides. Press the brake pedal a couple times to see if they come out at different lengths. Oldtimer trick I was told years ago. Never used it tho.

Well before removed caliper I jammed pry bar in and pryed so piston would compress to get it off over the pads....

Pry bar to move the piston in???? I'd pick up a proper compression tool. They're cheap these days. I use this one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SQU9K/?tag=tcg21-20

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
welcome to the rust belt.

the rotor backside is just sitting rust that tends to happen alot to the inboard side of all rotors (condensation)

leads to accelerated brake pad wear.

pads look like 40-50% remaining.

brake hoses collapse all the time causing drag but slight tapering can be from a dragging pin, sediment on the bottom of the piston bore, or a loose wheel bearing

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I'm not doing rotors now, I may get them turned. There only 7k miles old

easiest thing to do is bolt the rotor on backwards, barely touch pedal (just enough to trigger brake switch for shift interlock) and shift into neutral. start engine and put in reverse.

fire up 4.5" grinder with 60 grit disc and go to town

parts store fuckers rarely do a good job on a recut.

i just go into my old work and use the lathe but its so much faster and cheaper in fuel to use a grinder and a healthy dose of "fuckit"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info