3800 Engine mount part #?? (pics)

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
My left side engine bracket brace (I have no idea wtf they call it) kinda cracked. Also, what exactly is the part # of this piece? Is it 24507211?? $90 from dealership, $60 for gmparts direct :( I might just go to a junkyard.

Thanks in advance

enginemount.JPG

enginebay.jpg

enginemount2.jpg

enginemount4.jpg

enginemount5.jpg

enginemount3.jpg

I

imported_Ron Vogel

That's pretty steep. I've had things like that welded before. Call a few welding shops, should cost under $20. I cracked off a footpeg on my motorcycle and had it done, since the part was on backorder for two months. It never broke after welding. When the new part came in I thoroughly beat the crap out of it to get it to break and never did. Aluminum welds hold up well for parts like that.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Cool, I'll bring it to school tomorrow and see if a friend can do it, thanks. If that doesn't work, I'll run to victory auto wreckers and take one from a spare GP or something if they have it. If all else fails, my warranty is good til friday, so I'll bring it in and have them fix that and the PS pump.

God damn...never do reverse donuts, it hurts the engine mounts :(

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Jan 23 2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah I found a GTP at victory, but the mounts are different than that on a GT...damnit

I'm ordering it off gmparts direct for the $82 :(
Actually from what ive found out is that GMPD and the dealer are the same price...GMPD might have a lower base price but they kill you on shipping...Ill bet if you went to a dealer and ordered the part, youd get it faster and maybe pay 50 cents more...GMPD is not a bargain IMO

But you say they had a GTP at victory?? what color was it? and how much of it was left..I might need to take a ride there and toss some parts over the fence..LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list