3800 When I bore out my engine, what size .....

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
When I bore out the engine (real soon) what size do you think I should go with? .010 or .020.
I have heard that you should only go .010 because then I can still use the block if I have to bore it again. But I do not care about that since I can get another block for like $200.
SO, I might as well go 20 over just to get every little bit of HP possible, right?
It is not supposed to help much, but it is a little.( I think like 5HP)

DO you think it will weaken the block for my NOS setup I am gonna do?
Thanks for your help

I

imported_snoop

you have to get a longer throw on the crank. i wouldnt worry about it. just go .020 over with 8.0 compression, because if i know you like i think i know you, you will get too used to the power from a M90 and you say there will be nothing left to do to the motor. then you will want a M112. i think i know you and i do think you will go this route in time. this is just my .02

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by LP 3800@Jan 22 2004, 06:07 AM
I just sent ZZ a message abou tthe stroker kit. I will let you know about that when I get an answer from him. Thanks for the tip.
there is a big thread about ZZPs poor service on clubgp today, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! :ph34r:

reminds me of what happened to mike and his Buddy Tony..ouch :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info