3800 High performance spacer

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Jan 19 2004, 10:48 PM
I Need to give Mad props to IT IS ALIVE!!</span>

Again I need to thank Brian and Mike... ;) :D Without them, my long time dream of being intercooled, would not of happened so soon. B)

J/O
You fully functional yet, JO???

WHat do you think about it?
How much power in the ass dyno?
Where do you feel it the most? Lower RPMs/Higher?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jan 20 2004, 01:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 20 2004, 01:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX@Jan 19 2004, 10:48 PM
I Need to give Mad props to IT IS ALIVE!!</span>

Again I need to thank Brian and Mike... ;)  :D Without them, my long time dream of being intercooled, would not of happened so soon. B)

J/O
You fully functional yet, JO???

WHat do you think about it?
How much power in the ass dyno?
Where do you feel it the most? Lower RPMs/Higher? [/b][/quote]
1, yes, everything is on and running. :D

2, I dont think, i react.. :blink:

3, alot.. ;)

4, lower

ask away, if you want to know.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jan 20 2004, 01:30 PM
Adding an IC wont increase your HP.

What adds the HP is the abillity the IC gives you to run a smaller pulley and add more timing. This is where you get the increase in HP.
Yeah, i know, but I was assuming he dropped a pulley size or so.

what are you running now JO?

2.8-2.9 on the street? :eek:

Damm, what are you planning on running this coming track season?
In the last few months you have gotten headers, an IC, and a Cya tranny with higher gears :eek:

Did all you guys buy the AC IC, or the Normal one????

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Jan 20 2004, 06:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RoyalGTP @ Jan 20 2004, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alexgtp@Jan 20 2004, 01:30 PM

What adds the HP is the abillity the IC gives you to run a smaller pulley and add more timing. This is where you get the increase in HP.
Yeah, i know, but I was assuming he dropped a pulley size or so.

what are you running now JO?

2.8-2.9 on the street? :eek:

Damm, what are you planning on running this coming track season?
In the last few months you have gotten headers, an IC, and a Cya tranny with higher gears :eek:

Did all you guys buy the AC IC, or the Normal one???? [/b][/quote]
right now ive got the 2.8 on, its the smallest i can get on a stock snout. :huh:

I need slicks before i attempt to hit the track anymore. :eek:

headers only cause I got a very sweet deal..thanks miker. I/C because I got a Hell of a deal(R&D)..thanks Brian. Tranny beacuse I blowed up the last one REAL GOOD. :blink: thanks again Miker.. :D

Im starting with the radiator type, and will incorperate the AC, when the funds become more readily available. I can use both the AC and rad at the same time.. ;) when i'm ready.

GTX
INTERCOOLED

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jan 20 2004, 01:30 PM

NOT TRUE.

I was thinking about it and here's why it WILL increase HP over a non-IC engine. Since you are cooling the air, you are making it denser, which means more air per given stroke of the engine. This equates into more power.

For it to just improve the capability of the engine, it would just remove the KR due to the heat; however, its doing more than that as it ADDS air that the engine would not see otherwise.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by ThaLord+Jan 22 2004, 10:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThaLord @ Jan 22 2004, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LP 3800@Jan 22 2004, 06:06 AM
I agree. I had no knock before and when I slapped this bad boy on, I had torque up the a$$. Makes the car act like it wants to go fast. Just don't push the limits with the happy knob :lol:  It is addicting
it's the happy knob :D , that can make you sad :( [/b][/quote]
thats what im seeing too, maybe charles will just put it in the pcm, and we dont have to worry.

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Your first time it is not an easy job( without help) After a few times I can have my IC off in 20 minutes :huh:
You get a seperate radiator and use it for the IC only. The last thing you would want is to mix it with the hot engine coolant.
I can do a kit for $950. Or I can sell you the main ingredients for $800. Then all you need is a $50 trip the the store. I would suggest doing that and saving yourself money. Or just buy the IC for $525 and find your own pump and radiator for cheaper. You can do it yourself for around$750 using different products than me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info