3800 FS: 1997 GTP

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
For Sale:
1997 Red 4 Door GTP

All options minus heated seats. She has a sunroof / HUD (Heads Up Display) / 5 Star Polished Rims / Taupe interior color / SLP Gen 1 Spoiler (can be removed if buyer doesnt like it) / build date was late 1997 so she is almost a 1998 with radio antenna on the back window and struts instead of a hood prop.
Newer items replaced within the past 1 to 1.5 years: Battery; Alternator; new springs (just installed); power steering pump; steering rack (yes, the whole steering rack - infamous for failing on the 1997-early 1998 models); newer tires (fronts worn more than the back); exhaust has been updated to a 1998 year exhaust with 60K miles (I need to verify this mileage); all buttons inside the car function pefectly / front and rear rotors serviced last month / all gauges work.

Body is in excellent condition. There is one - ONE - visible door ding in the passenger side. Her blood has been Mobil 1 since 20K miles. There are no oil leaks or sipage in the pans. She does not burn oil. Car has been well maintained, for it is a ClubGP car. If you have ever meet or seen Club cars, you will know they have been very well maintaned and taken care off.

She is in stock form. If you buy her and want to mod her, I'll help anyway I can. Want to install a pulley? CAI? Rockers? You buy the parts and I'll install it for free - errr, you have to feed me a little though ;)

She currently has 95,064 miles. High miles? Ask around and people will attest to their greet running high mile GTP - well most of us anyway. The engine STARTS everytime with a flinch key click even in this cold weather. Transmission SHIFTS perfectly.

My only concern with the car is the fuel pump - which is the original pump. Should this fail within the next 3 months of purchase, I will replace it for FREE. However, I can attest to fuel pumps that have gone over 140K miles.

Kellys Blue Book value is $6100-6400 Good / Excellent condition.
Your price $5400. This is priced to sell. If I am off, I'd like to know. I've check the papers and the web and most cars this age and mileage go for a lot more. Car has a clean title ready for transfer.

I'll give $100 dollars finders fee to any ClubMember that finds a buyer for the car that is NOT part of the club.

Just a bit of tears :( :
I really wanted to keep the car, but I cannot. Two cars is too much right now. It was a mistake to purchase a second car. I had high hopes of modding one or the other to run ridiculous 1/4 times. I need to get my priorities straight and kick this Grand Prix modding bug.

Any questions, feel free me to email me.

J.E.T.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Update:

Car is SOLD. Sad to say it did NOT go to a club member so the car will never see a pulley smaller than 3.8. Ironically, I'll still be seing a lot of her. Heh. :huh: :ph34r: :lol:

Dang, I forgot to pull the spoiler... I still can I suppose.

Next for sale:
1998 Subaru Outback 30th Anniversary Limited Edition.

Also (not mine):
1985 Chevy Full Conversion Van - very nice for age.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info