3800 great mod day! very productive..........

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
i wasnt there, but i heard what happened. and needless to say im not very pleased.
4. We will be installing 2-4 of the intercoolers during the mod day. This will help everyone witness what it takes and the uniqueness(is that a word) of my IC first hand. I will also have you guys to give me any advice on any finishing touches that the kit might need.
an intercooler was sold to a 16 year old kid with no mechanical inclination under the impression/promise of an install on this mod day, and no such thing happened.

1. he was told to get there early to get it started
2. his friday night was ruined in order to wake up to get there early and install the IC
3. his saturday was wasted driving down there to get nothing done
4. noone called him to tell him he can leave with the convoy instead of coming early for no reason.
5. hes not old enough to drink and drive, so he couldnt take part in the whole new purpose of the mod day.
6. hes left with an IC that hasnt had any solid data to prove how it performs, and a boxed puzzle that hes supposed to somehow put together.

mod days are about modding cars, and noone from the club stepped to the table.
at the least someone could have given the kid a wrench and said pull this, cut this stick this here etc.

disapointed

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

An IC install is outa my league.......never seen it done b4.

Sorry to hear that, but they are a good group of guys(and girls) ;) who help people out all the time....Some even rescue people stranded on the highway late at night when there trans blows and so forth.

Im sorry to hear what happend. I was not there personally, but can assure you that some here will help you with that kit soon.

Good luck.

John

I was the first one there. Everyone said they would get there at 9:30. I believe that it was around 10:45 - 11:00 that the FIRST other person showed up. While I don't know personally what everyone had as a goal to get modded that day, I had helped a few people get other stuff done. From my standpoint, this was the most productive mod day yet. Many many people even skipped out on eating in order to help others get stuff done.

It was very nice putting names to faces and very generous of LP to donate his time and place to us all.

I think that you are overlooking the fact that one person can only do so much... I saw first hand how much running around LP had to do to make sure everyone had what they needed and how he explained the intercooler to everyone.

I did not do any mods at the mod day to my vehicle... I showed up to help out and meet people. I can say from personal experience that some of the mod days have been "drunk fests" but as of 3:00 this afternoon, I witnessed NONE of that!

;)

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Not to sound rude or anything but did he ask for help? I know someone told him to show up to get installed but did he ask afterwards? When I got there there were a few people there already, and after that alot of people started to work on there cars, oil changes, pulley swaps, tb spacer install, gauges and the list goes on.... Sorry to hear about your buddy but if i was suppose to show up and was told i was going to get my IC installed I would of bothered who ever it was and said when can we start?

Again Sorry about your buddy. :(

I

imported_Theautoguy

I was there. Mike installed an LSD for me and did a great job at that. Many others changed plugs, wires, installed gauges, and tinted light housings to list just a few things done today. I saw some people I haven't seen for a while and met new people like Mike and Brian. Mike drew a crowd throughout the LSD install. I have to say that he's an impressive guy. Brian seemed to be all over making sure everyone knew where to go to do what they needed to do. He introduced me to several people as he did for others. Hosting any party sucks up alot of time yet Brian made time to explain his IC to people several times throughout the day. I'm sure once he realizes the young man felt left behind he'll deal with it with the candure he displayed to many of us today. As for a "Drunk-Fest" type atmosphere, I don't think anyone got even tipse (except maybe for me) before I left at 7:30. I stopped drinking by 4. Keep in mind though, there were probably 30 plus cars there. I would consider that a large turnout and hosting something this large can become overwhelming for one guy. I feel bad for the kid but there were many others who had a great time and are probably still there.

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
im sure the mod day was great for most, and brian is very generous for hosting it.
and what i posted is all what i heard from the 3 people i know that went.

and noone seemed very willing to help with anything for them.

another example- one of the guys wanted to atap his car, and he ran around asking a bunch of people and noone wanted to tap his car. now im sure if everyone had the equipment someone would step forward, but from what i understand a couple of the guys that DID have one didnt want to scan his car.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by xttc2000@Jan 17 2004, 10:02 PM
another example- one of the guys wanted to atap his car, and he ran around asking a bunch of people and noone wanted to tap his car. now im sure if everyone had the equipment someone would step forward, but from what i understand a couple of the guys that DID have one didnt want to scan his car.
Now that does suck!!!

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
Well i got there rounf 4sih i think and hung around drank met new people and brought my mp112 for people to see. Im sorry to hear about your friend and that things didnt go as planned. As far as the autotap goes i have one and if he wants can come out by me and ill tap his car. As for the ic i am busy now with school/work/gf and cam installs but if he wants i can help with the ic intstall . Infact have him pm me or call me. Later. GTPictor.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I didnt hear anyone who wanted to tap their car. I would have been glad to help.

Lets get some names here so that we know whats going on. I didnt even hear a whisper of someone buying an IC. :unsure:

There were plenty of people there that could have helped with any numerous jobs.

Tell your friend to PM me. I'm free tomorrow afternoon and would be happy to meet up with him.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Jan 17 2004, 09:27 PM
Mike drew a crowd throughout the LSD install. I have to say that he's an impressive guy
yeah, that pretty cool to watch. I've never met Mike until today, but I do have a better knowledge of a LSD now.

Otherwise, I'd like to THANK brian for having us all over. We had roughly 30 cars there and for him to accomodate all/most of us inside was awesome. We had alot of juggling to do. Thanks to Lee and Lisa for grilling lunch for all of us.

My group was the 2nd to arrive after Justin and we did stand around bs'ing for a while. Once the large group got there we all just kinda started doing our own things. A IC is not my idea, I had no idea how to do front brakes, but my friend who came helped me and Cacicgtp do his rears as well.

When I left around 4 everyone was busy and had stayed busy most of the day. Its unfortunate that he didn't get it done, but I agree this was the most productive modday I've ever been to or seen.

Again thanks Brian for hosting the modday.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@Jan 17 2004, 07:42 PM
i wasnt there, but i heard what happened. and needless to say im not very pleased.
4. We will be installing 2-4 of the intercoolers during the mod day. This will help everyone witness what it takes and the uniqueness(is that a word) of my IC first hand. I will also have you guys to give me any advice on any finishing touches that the kit might need.
an intercooler was sold to a 16 year old kid with no mechanical inclination under the impression/promise of an install on this mod day, and no such thing happened.

1. he was told to get there early to get it started
2. his friday night was ruined in order to wake up to get there early and install the IC
3. his saturday was wasted driving down there to get nothing done
4. noone called him to tell him he can leave with the convoy instead of coming early for no reason.
5. hes not old enough to drink and drive, so he couldnt take part in the whole new purpose of the mod day.
6. hes left with an IC that hasnt had any solid data to prove how it performs, and a boxed puzzle that hes supposed to somehow put together.

mod days are about modding cars, and noone from the club stepped to the table.
at the least someone could have given the kid a wrench and said pull this, cut this stick this here etc.

disapointed
well not to be a dick but i offered to help him, i told him to start taking apart the motor, but he never did.

now i have no problem helping him at all, but if I by myself have to do the install there goes 8 hours of my time. and my time is worth money. I dont mind boing stuff for free, but thats just like asking to do a cam for free. time consuming.

now when you buy an IC kit from thrasher or ZZP do you expect zoomer or miker to come by and install it for ya?

lets be realistic here, there is two sides to this story

MIKE

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
whoops, forgot to mention. he said mike was willing to help- and he said someone might help do it on monday (mike?)
i wish i would have had off of work today, i would have been there and it would have gotten done for sure.

leo- looks like there are a couple people posting now that are willing to tap your car.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Hey I didnt' get here till 6 and just got done wrenching now. IF the guy wanted to have an IC installed he should of stuck around for while and it could of gotten done. Mod days are for people to get work done.That doesnt' mean someone to do it for you. That means lots here to help. We had the guy that know's more about our cars then any other person in the country so you defiantly could of got some help. After 6 I could of helped as much as I could. Now people that show up just to get work done and dont show up to other things kind of getleft behind alittle. The more you hang with the club the more you will get help. If you need a hand with the IC you can get hold of me and i'll give you a hand with it. If you do the wrenching and supply lunch i'll give you all my knowledge to do the work. up to y ou

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I have an autotap... and always offer it to everyone.. in fact.. I asked a lot of people if they needed one... I introduced myself to almost everyone there (so many people don't know maybe even some people met me twice). No one asked me for an atap.. and... as far as I seen.. it was not a drunken fest...

I had 2 Underage girls with me (the wife's sisters) myself, my wife (who do not drink), and my son (who was running around playing)... in no way was a drunken fest... no one was even remotely close to drunk.. until maybe 11:00pm... I just got back home right now...

I think there was a mis-communication.. I think you ended up going to the wrong club... because.. I was there the whole day.. and none of the above is true...

hundreds of mods were done today.. this was the most productive mod day yet.. with over 40 cars.. and close to 100 people... this is also the biggest... which usually adds to the chaos... this may have happened... but.. as one of the guys that got around the most... I would have to say.. I was never asked about an atap... or help of any kind... maybe shyness had something to do with it? sometimes you gotta ask.. or tell someone to help... when there are people who need mods done.. it is first ask.. first get....

Who was it.. that bought the intercooler? and had all these problems?

John

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I was here all day and Im STILL here. There was lots of work to be done in one day. People were busy all day and Brian cannot be working on one car and hosting a party at the same time. That would be kind of rude and make people not come back.

i wasnt there, but i heard what happened

EXACTLY!!! You heard, and as far as being productive, why dont you try out my shoes and tell me if they hurt for standing for 12+ hours.

2. his friday night was ruined

Trust me, Mine was worse.

You are never guranteed anything at a mod day. Theres ALWAYS something to do.

I agree 100% with ThaLord! He never leaves home without the autotap and I had the Tech2 there as well... I, unfortunatley because of prior engagements, had to leave around 3:00. I got there at 9:30 (with 4 boxes of Krispy Kremes :p ) and left at 3:00. There was a keg, people drinking, but NO ONE obnoxious. I also agree that some people need to do one of two things. #1, SPEAK UP when you need something or #2 START WRENCHIN' and people WILL help!

Having a mod day like this makes me proud to be in and sponsor a club like this. I saw people helping people and enjoying what was offered!

Some people had problems doing plug wire changes :lol: and others pitched in to help ;) Even those banned from doing wire swaps. Great events like this can only help bring the club together. If you don't speak up about what you need, you will get left behind! There is no sign up that says who can do what there... you just have to ask! I got kidnapped for half the day by Paul and Jeff doing gauge installs... and I am damn glad I could help!! This club is a community of knowledge.... You just gotta know how to tap it!

My $.02 deposited :D

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
All I did all day was walk around and talk to people to make sure that everyone was having a good time. It takes a lot of time to acomidate 50 people and I cannot devote 10 hours of it on one persons IC. I told him four days before today and warned him of how busy i would be. And I told him I would try. Well I did not have enough time. We are still working on peoples cars and it is almost 3:30 in the morning. We just spent 12 hours on BUMPINS springs, and we got it done.
I do not appreciate getting knocked when just getting something like this together is a lot of work. I also promised that I would do it another day for him soon, but I did not not see that in your post.
Just sucks to be misrepresented :unsure:

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Everyone was more than helpful I thought. I left the mod day very happy.
I got all the help I needed and it was cool meeting everyone. And I left around 7:30 or so and I don't know if anyone was even drunk yet. So I wouldn't call it a drunken fest or whatever.

I personally got all the work done I needed to, but thats because I asked for help. So thanks brian for hosting (imo) an awesome mod day. Also hey thanks jamie for the help and thanks to dole for the various tools that I didn't have.

BlkJak

Regular
Jan 19, 2009
La Salle
A-Tap..... I had my Laptop sitting on top of my car and no-one ever came to use it. I hooked it up on my car and used it for about 10 min and I was there till 9 p.m. and I was more than happy to let people use it. If I knew more about the GTP's, I'd helped anyone there. But... my car has "P" envy, so when it comes to IC's...... I dunno! I found out right away that if you need help, you need to ask and someone will lend you at least a little advice if nothing else. Plus the weather delayed our group a bit. I think that was the case for quite a few. The roads definitely weren't the greatest coming in.

Well anyway, it was alot of fun and a lot got done. Looking forward to the next one!

I

imported_Theautoguy

Once again, Brian, thank you, it was a lot of fun. I will be at the next one. Of course I may have to buy something to install...Damn, my luck! I was thinking about adapting a 94-95 SN95 Mustang dashmount gauge pod, the one that replaces the factory clock, into the Regal. That could be interesting. Next time I'll remember to bring an extra jack.

Perhaps we can create a thread to list projects and needed tools to do them. I noticed the spring job being done. Had I known, I could have brought my set of spring compressors. I have some unique tools to make work like that easier. Or we could just lease Mike's truck for the day, he seemed to have everything.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
WoW 12hours on springs? What happened? Thanks Brian for hosting another great gathering, more than last year cant wait till it gets warmer.

Sorry to everyone I didnt say bye too, I was in a super hurry to get home to finish up some party stuff for my parents.

Wish I was there till the wee hours of the night with you all but hopefully the next one I will . ;)

Thanks again Brian. :D

GTPj

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Chicago
Thanks again brian for hosting the mod day!! i had a good time and the brats and burgers were awsome!!! i learned some things yesterday about spark plugs and what not like change your stock spark plugs before 120,000 miles hahaha...thanks again can't wait for the next one and hopefully i will have some things to install this time....

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by GTPj@Jan 18 2004, 12:00 PM
Thanks again brian for hosting the mod day!! i had a good time and the brats and burgers were awsome!!! i learned some things yesterday about spark plugs and what not like change your stock spark plugs before 120,000 miles hahaha...thanks again can't wait for the next one and hopefully i will have some things to install this time....
yeah or they look like this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info