3800 FS: Steering Wheel Control Servicing

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Good steering wheel controls lights out? Then come to BBMD!! (Brians Big Mod Day)

I'd like to offer the service of fixing steering wheel control lights during the mod day. Proceeds will go towards the board - errr if thats OK with TheLord and powers that be.

Cost will be $10 complete parts and labor. :)

The idea just came across as I was fixing 4 of these units. I got pretty fast at fixing them after the second one. Its easy to replace, but the job is not suited for everyone. Anyone who wants to do it on there own is welcome to watch and learn.

Post here if you need the work done so I know whether or not to bring equipment and parts.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

G

GTPLEE

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Jan 15 2004, 11:24 PM
Good steering wheel controls lights out? Then come to BBMD!! (Brians Big Mod Day)

I'd like to offer the service of fixing steering wheel control lights during the mod day. Proceeds will go towards the board - errr if thats OK with TheLord and powers that be.

Cost will be $10 complete parts and labor. :)

The idea just came across as I was fixing 4 of these units. I got pretty fast at fixing them after the second one. Its easy to replace, but the job is not suited for everyone. Anyone who wants to do it on there own is welcome to watch and learn.

Post here if you need the work done so I know whether or not to bring equipment and parts.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP
I would definetly need your help both of my lights are out on the controller steering wheel my volume control and my other one forgot the name. I still have the Stock HU. I think they just went out.

I

imported_GraFFix

Ive done this fix also but I was messing around and ended up ruining the buttons..lol its a long story..

I ended up just buying new ones off ebay and there working great. If anyone needs any extra parts for their sterring wheel controls we can work out a deal..

I have the circuit board and the lights have been replaced on both of them and there bright as hell. the only thing i dont have is the outside buttons (volume, scan, fm/am etc)

I can bring them to the mod day

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info