3800 Cat Flow Rates

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
How much will Jim charge for this work? Ya, I'll call him and ask. Just thought someone had done this and know a ballpark... I know of a cool muffler shop in Crystal Lake that will replace the cat for $50.

I ended up buying a Magnaflow (Carsound) cat. Hope it lasts longer than the RT. The RT cats I['ve had seemed to die a little young!? Happened twice to me.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Well, I couldnt stand the rattle anymore so I did something about it :ph34r: . What sucks is that my new cat came in the mail today <_< .

One R/T lasted about 2 - 2.5 years. The two round filtration elements were no longer in there correct position inside the housing and were bouncing around causing the rattle.

The other R/T lasted about 1.5 - 2 years. It did NOT rattle on the road, but when the car was hoisted up and the cat shaken -you can hear the elements not in place.

If I had a band wagon (and I dont :rolleyes: ), I would start a R/T downpipe-cats suck!

I didnt expect them to last long to tell you the truth. Look how small and wimpy those cats look. Meant for peformance, and not longevity imo.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Jan 22 2004, 04:16 PM
Well, I couldnt stand the rattle anymore so I did something about it :ph34r: . What sucks is that my new cat came in the mail today <_< .

One R/T lasted about 2 - 2.5 years. The two round filtration elements were no longer in there correct position inside the housing and were bouncing around causing the rattle.

The other R/T lasted about 1.5 - 2 years. It did NOT rattle on the road, but when the car was hoisted up and the cat shaken -you can hear the elements not in place.

If I had a band wagon (and I dont :rolleyes: ), I would start a R/T downpipe-cats suck!

I didnt expect them to last long to tell you the truth. Look how small and wimpy those cats look. Meant for peformance, and not longevity imo.

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP
R/T SUCKS!!! CUSTOM RULES!!!! :lol: :D

Ill be on your bandwagon J.E.T.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info