Cruise timing

What kind of timing are you guys running in your cruise cells? I think I went too far in my tune. The other day I was getting KR at cruise on the highway. Any kind of incline, even slight, would give me KR. Flat ground is no problems. Highest would be about 4, but that would be a spike. Most of the time it hung around between .5 and 2. This is cruising at 70 and up, AC on. The quicker the speed the easier KR would rear its ugly head. Turning AC off wouldn't change things very appreciably. IATs in the low 90s. Running 93 octane. L36.

I understand that KR is not bad without boost but it is inefficient so I might as well kill as much of it as I can. Cruising at 55 the car has seen high 30s, low 40s MPG. I guess that's the pay off with high timing? Freakish fuel economy at lower speeds, more KR and thus lower fuel economy at higher speeds?

Any further help and explanation would be awesome.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
If your EGR is active...you'll be commanding more timing. There is an EGR modifier table that adds/subtracts timing listed in the base spark table.

My guess is that your getting KR with the TCC locked. I believe there is a spark modifier table (TCC Locked vs. RPM or something like that) that can be used to pull timing at certain RPM/load points.

HTH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• nos4blood70
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list