3800 FWI pipe sizes...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

3" is too small. If it is 3" it will only work if it transitions to 3.5" at least 4-6" before entering the air horn. I tried a 3" FWI, and it choked off the motor above 4000rpm. If you need 3.5" pipe, I can get it pretty cheap in steel, but only up to a 3" in aluminum from a local guy.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Hey, you can make it as big as you want to. Just not smaller than the air inlet on the TB. The advantage of a bigger tube is the engine has more volume inside the tube to use before it asks the filter to suck in more air. However it really is best to use the same size inlet as the TB right before it. If you run the TB with no screen, and the tube doesn't match, it affects the MAF performance.

so try and get a 3" off the tb, and right after that maybe go to 4" for the rest? i am going to use my 9" K&N cone. i think that has a 4" outlet/inlet, whatever its called. ron give me a setup of what sizes should go where. cause obviously i would of installed it just like the link and then would of had bad airflow. thanks

zack

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list