3800 Differentials

ok.. here is my opinion.. from someone who has had both.

even tho I blew a C-Ya diff to shreds, i would recommend it.

I have the intense diff now (came with trans) and i dont like it. I am always getting 1 wheel burnout except in perfect track conditions.
Now, the Intense gen 2 diff will prove to be superior to the one they have now and will fix that 1 wheel crap.

conclusion:
u want a diff right now.... go with the C-ya ( i am considering going back to it).
if you can wait for 5 or 6 mon, wait for the gen 2 Intense diff to come out and get some feedback on it from some peeps that bought it.
IMO, i would not bother with the gen 1 intense lsd.

also, I am 80% sure miker can do a GT diff.

IMO, the quaife is over-rated. way too much $$ for what you get.
Also, I heard that there was a problem with them in that somehow, fluid was not getting to the center of the unit and oiling the planetaries... :unsure: Not sure if they fixed that defect or not or even if that was true... but i do remember someone reliable telling me that (just cant remember who in my old age!! ).

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
Originally posted by 12secGTP@Jan 14 2004, 06:26 PM
IMO, the quaife is over-rated. way too much $$ for what you get.
Also, I heard that there was a problem with them in that somehow, fluid was not getting to the center of the unit and oiling the planetaries... :unsure: Not sure if they fixed that defect or not or even if that was true... but i do remember someone reliable telling me that (just cant remember who in my old age!! ).
I heard that from the same source you did but so far only from him no other incidences i have heard about yet. I love the quaiffe it rocks and imho well worth the money and pece of mind everytime my tires break loose but i cant sit and roast em no more cuz the car just goes. I made it to florida and back 26 runs with 60 miles on the quaiffe/trans and had no prob what so ever. I dont doubt the other gen 2 diffs arnt good or as good but quaife has been making diffs for year and year for compitition and lifetime warrenty even under race conditions cause that the point of the diff.... to beat on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info