3800 Anyone have wireless internet access

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Well verizon is now offering DSL broadband service. Im not sure if it is available in your area.

No matter what route you go with . SHe will still need for a company to come out and lay down a telephone line for DSL or a cable line for cable access.

VErizon wireless internet access is access thru your cell phone. I have that for my nextel. Remember it has a very limited capability. Mostly small text sites are reachable.

What exactly is she looking to do?

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
I think he may referring to wireless broadband

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobileo...dband/index.jsp

like nextel's packetstreaming service...

Not sure about verizon... but I tried nextel's packet streaming service for a month and it was about the same speed as dialup... not worth the inflated price!

Verizon's broadband is 80/month... at that price she'd be better off having a land line installed (no options is like 20/month) and getting DSL (but check availability first)

Also keep in mind that if Ameritech DSL is the only option available (in case Covad or other ISPs aren't available) then you have to have Ameritech er SBC as your local service (some kinda FCC rule, SBC can not provide DSL on non SBC provided lines in IL)

edit:
Damn!
High Speed
Verizon Wireless BroadbandAccess is one of the fastest, fully mobile wireless Internet data solutions available. Quickly download complex files and view email attachments at typical speeds of 300-500 kbps, capable of reaching speeds up to 2 Mbps^. Access your mission-critical data and applications behind the corporate firewall and get the answers you need with customers in the field right there. ***

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
I have Comcast Cable internet and I HIGHLY recommencd it. Installaton is kind of expensive but its only 20 bucks a month for the first six months and then 42 after that. Its not wireless but I highliy recommend it.

And about the wireless internet thing. I know someone by me who has wireless network card and all that set up on there internet and my networking major room mate hijacked a decent chunk of bandwidth from them. I have no idea how that stuff works or what he used or what they had but he did it. so personally I don't trust wireless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info