Question about a Bonneville Tune--Not Your Normal Tune

SSEiMan01

Official Top Gear Addict
Mar 25, 2014
DeKalb IL
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with part of my tune, So that's why I'm asking here. I've been around Bonnevilles for a long time, and I currently have a 96 SSEi (L67 S2 with a 4T60-HD) and am using a 97 PCM to control everything because of the tunability of the 97 PCM vs a 96. The only thing that I (and my friend Don) can't wrap our heads around is the TCC lock. I've tried changing settings in a bunch of ways, and nothing works. It runs and drives perfectly besides no TCC lock, I was wondering if any of you knew a trick to this at all? I have attached my HPT tune file. The only odd thing we noticed is that under the speedo section, in the Gear/Tire Calc, the selection for FWD or Transaxle is selected as No and will revert back to that if I click on Yes and hit commit.

TIA!

Attachments

• 96 SSEi Modified Tune with Penny shit.hpt
    332.4 KB · Views: 45

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I am pretty sure that we lost torque converter clutch function on the 97 Turbonnie

keep in mind that the 60 e does not have the same sensors as the 65
without the input shaft speed sensor the computer has no way of knowing if the torque converter clutch is locking up or not.
I know we had to f*** with a lot of s*** to make it work I'll see if I can find time to take a look at the bin file.
keep in mind you may not be able to do a whole lot with how limited the HP Tuners is

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah if we do have tcc (maybe i mention it somewhere in the turbonnie build thread) then its from having several trans codes set to no reporting and likely the HOT tables replaced with normal (HOT being the limp mode).

we were fighting a nice annoying Tq managment issue that resulted in most of these changes, and again i cant remember if we were able to retain tcc or not...

shoot though tcc is really only 2-4% better fuel economy and we had bigger fish to fry...

SSEiMan01

Official Top Gear Addict
Mar 25, 2014
DeKalb IL
Yeah, I just worry about the extra heat and wear on the trans without TCC lock, since this is my DD. I know it can be done, it has been before. Any insight is appreciated. :)

I already turned off a bunch of TCC related codes, but there's probably some deep setting I can't change with HPT that needs changed still. Hence my sending it back to my friend.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
dont worry about that, at cruise where tcc engages the converter isnt "slipping" nearly as much as at wot.... all ya need is a huge trans cooler....just like the 65's :rofl:

the 60 e is fairly robust as long as you keep out of 4th and hard upshifts.

the OE 60e chain is the infamous 7/8ths chain upgrade for the 65e, with you having the 94-96 SI L67 60eHD your a little bit better off

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list