04 grand prix surging at idle

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
Over the summer I topswapped my 04 grand prix and now recently it has been surging at idle after maybe 15-20 minutes of running. Mods are headers, 3.6" pulley, HAI, colder plugs with new zzp wires, and zzp canned tune. Car has 0 kr and seems to be running fine besides that. Recently on start up a kid in my neighbor hood wanted to hear it rev and when I went to rev it, it would sputter and not want to really rev. I am thinking a possible vacuum leak but not sure, any input?

Thanks, Mike

hockeybawler

Feb 25, 2013
No I wasnt trying to hold it up there haha, the kid wanted to hear it so I would do a quick press down of the gas and have the rpms jump to say 3-4 thousand and then once they lowered I would do the same thing. I am not trying to redline my car in park lol. I have been planning on reoiling my filter since it hasnt been done in a while so when I get back from college and around my car again I will do that. I have done it before while in neutral and it has fine reving to like 5.5kish, im not too sure since I wasnt paying attention to it but I am not concerned really about the reving as I dont really do it or have a need to do it. I am wondering what would cause the car to start surging from like 500-1000 rpms while stopped at a light/stop sign after driving for a little while

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info