3800 Car running like S*#!

A couple nights ago I floored my car and it just didn't seem like it was going anywhere. I was doing about 55 on the highway. Tonight, I gave it another try just to see if the same problem occured. When i floored it, the car hesitated real bad. It sounded like a bunch of popping coming out of my exhuast. So I was just like hmm, one more try, the last time, so at 65 I floored it again and it did the same thing and then my ses light came on.

The only thing that comes to mind is that on the last two tanks I have filled up, I put meijer gas in. When I put that gas in, my car has been running a little rough. It could be coincidental, and yes, I do put premium in my car. Is it a chance that I could of gotten bad gas from the station?

Thanks

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
You need to get rid of that open cone and get a FWI, or CAI.

Also aDHP might help you out with fuel delivery so you dont run to lean in the higher rpm ranges which will cause you to get KR.

I was seeing 4-7kr w similar mods last summer, then I got a CAI, DHP, COLDER PLUGS, RVTB, TB spacer/shield, and then I was seeing 1-2kr at the shift points only, which from what i understand is pretty normal.

With my TOGs now, I must not be getting anything cause it pulls away like a rapped Gorrila now. :)

Still looking for a time for someone to Atap me.
ANYONE IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS????????????

Good luck

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Sounds like wires. You planning on going to the mod day?? When you replaced the spark plugs, did youput di-electric grease on the ceramic part of the plug?? I didn't and fought with cracked plugs for weeks. Same symptoms as you are having. If you didn't put di-electric grease on then go buy two new plugs, pull the old ones, and find the one with the crack. Put di-electric grease on every plug. I will bet that is the problem, else its the wires.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info