Need some new suspension, suggestions?

99 GTP
Well my control arms bushings are going to crap so I'm going to replace the entire front suspension. I'd like to lower it around an 1" or 1.5" was gonna get some new Moog control arms with bushings and ball joints, and Monroe struts.

I'd like to get some springs that are decent but not ridiculous on price. If all I can find is really expensive stuff i'll just put some stock replacements back in there.

Thanks guys

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Well my control arms bushings are going to crap so I'm going to replace the entire front suspension. I'd like to lower it around an 1" or 1.5" was gonna get some new Moog control arms with bushings and ball joints, and Monroe struts.

I'd like to get some springs that are decent but not ridiculous on price. If all I can find is really expensive stuff i'll just put some stock replacements back in there.

Thanks guys

May help if you tell us what kind of car your asking for. The 3800 section covers several different cars.

stock is bestest

reuse your stock springs and enjoy the slight lowering of seasoned springs.

some aftermarket "stock" stuff is wildly different with spring rates.

beware cheap aftermarket strut mounts.

I could always cut the strut and reweld it... me and smug did that on a gt he had a while back. If I recall it was quite pleasant to ride in

but I am aware of the spring rates, I had a GTP Lowered 2 inches in the front. I just don't want to go that low again because it used to rub on all kinds of things. I would be ok with 1" or 1.5" lowered

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Don't cut and reweld the struts. I tried it on some junk stock struts on a junk car but there is minimal clearance between the top of the tire and the spring perch so its not really worth it. I went a little to far and had to beat the spring perch with a sludge hammer to make tire clearance like a ****** would do.

Try to find lowering springs that have spring rate closest to OEM if ride quality is what you are after and some decent struts.

Don't cut and reweld the struts. I tried it on some junk stock struts on a junk car but there is minimal clearance between the top of the tire and the spring perch so its not really worth it. I went a little to far and had to beat the spring perch with a sludge hammer to make tire clearance like a ****** would do.

Try to find lowering springs that have spring rate closest to OEM if ride quality is what you are after and some decent struts.

don't worry, I wasn't actually going to cut up brand new struts lol

anyone have suggestions on springs they like?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info