3800 Did I purchase the wrong downpipe?

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Hey guys,

I just got my RT downpipe w/cat, looks pretty sweet...

I got the 3" inlet/outlet pipe, but after doing some searches for gasket part #'s on clubgp I'm seeing that most people get the 3" inlet/2.5" outlet which lines up perfectly to the stock exhaust..

So my question is, did I buy the wrong downpipe? Will the 3" inlet/outlet bolt up to the stock exhaust? On PFYC's website it says that it bolts onto the stock exhaust...So confused....

If it will work, anyone have an idea what type of gasket size I should be looking for? Do I just purchase the stock GM gaskets?

Thanks for any responses,

Joel

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
I would think that you would need to make an adapter, but im not sure for certain. What you should do is send back that RT dp and get your cash back. Then take the cash and go to Jim and have him fabricate a 3" dp for you for a lot less. Then take the cash you saved and invest it in the Support BC fund. :D

BC

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Damnit...I figured with my luck that this would be the situation..

PFYC needs to change their website because it says that the 3"inlet/outlet fits the stock exhaust...

Well I've sent my RMA in for the downpipe, but I doubt Im going to have it in by the mod day...

My ZZP ported manifolds will be in on Monday tho , hopefully I didnt screw that order up either :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info