It has been awhile, getting stuff going again.

BigGtp

Dec 4, 2008
It has been away since I have posted here and I am starting to come back to most of the GP's sites. I had a heart attack just over a year ago and died and was able to be saved. They put a pacemaker/defibrillator after being on life support. After a year of hard work I'm back to normal and feel better than ever. One of the things I was looking forward to was working on the GP once I got better. So, this winter I have started getting the car ready for some winter work. Going to be doing all new ARP wheel studs, HV3 high Velocity intake, painting on some parts, new custom flack black front arrow head, changing some of the fluids, GMPP sway bars, interior work, and some stuff here and there while it's up. Here are some pics from the summer to what it looks like in the air for the winter projects. Glad to be back and seeing some of the old dogs are still around here and there.

VIDS of how it idles with the T67 turbo stattama kit, Intense stage 4 heads and cam with other goodies.

T67 turbo & Big Cam. Detailed & ready 4 summer! - YouTube

IMAG0018.jpg

Sonnyscar014_zpsf83da44b.jpg

Sonnyscar005_zps682da707.jpg

Sonnysphone003_zpsb1bb47d1.jpg

0117141342b_zpsawrfjcml.jpg

0117141343c_zpsa4najb1h.jpg

New arrow head on.
0203141356a_zpspd8wz4rp.jpg

A few more pics. Able to get the sway bars prepped and ready to install at a later date.
0206141407b_zpssvn8809m.jpg

New HV3 insert to be installed in the next few weeks.
0206141519b_zpsqoxx2tf7.jpg

Picked up my new Air/Fuel set up to replace the one that broke, and picked up some carbon fiber vinyl to do some work on my motegi traklite rims. Going to use it on the center caps to black it out even more. May find some other use for it to like I did to the trunk.

0209140925_zpspmvhvbjq.jpg

0211141227_zpsbgyb1zmn.jpg

0211141223_zpsx66i9nrb.jpg

Looking forward to getting it done and being around more on the site! Wanted to post a couple pics to show that it is still around and if all goes well it will stay that way. Thanks for looking!

BigGtp

Dec 4, 2008
Thank you everyone, and that made me laugh out loud with the heart attack and the car. lol

The bad news is I cannot work on it while it is running with my pacemaker/difib. The magnets in the alternator will set it off. LOL So, when it runs and the hood is open I have to stand back a good distance.

Thank you again everyone, it means a lot!

BigGtp

Dec 4, 2008
if you kill the field power on the alternator youll have no problems other than ignition system EMI, which shouldnt be a problem.

it would easily handle just running on the batt for periods of time

Thank you everyone. Also, I never even thought of doing that. Great option when I know that I need to have it running for a short period of time. Thank you for the heads up! Thank you again everyone and looking forward to seeing and doing more post in the future.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if yoyu have a nice alarm/remote start setup you could configure one of the functions to switch the field on and off but with a "reset" for when its started with the key and your physically shielded
while not fullproof/idiot proof its an option... aside from a switch with a noticeable red light ondash and underhood...indicating the alt is "off" so you dont go driving it while off and that you have an easy go/nogo indicator for being able to pop the hood (a hood switch interlock would be a good addition to a setup like that for ya (charging disabled via switch or hood popped)

if you dont mind the fan noise id suggest the larger cs144 alt and the earlier horiz bolt tensioner (99 camaro has horizontal and both elbows replaceable)

much better output at idle than the smaller chassis alts (for better recovery of batt charge)

BigGtp

Dec 4, 2008
if yoyu have a nice alarm/remote start setup you could configure one of the functions to switch the field on and off but with a "reset" for when its started with the key and your physically shielded
while not fullproof/idiot proof its an option... aside from a switch with a noticeable red light ondash and underhood...indicating the alt is "off" so you dont go driving it while off and that you have an easy go/nogo indicator for being able to pop the hood (a hood switch interlock would be a good addition to a setup like that for ya (charging disabled via switch or hood popped)

if you dont mind the fan noise id suggest the larger cs144 alt and the earlier horiz bolt tensioner (99 camaro has horizontal and both elbows replaceable)

much better output at idle than the smaller chassis alts (for better recovery of batt charge)

Thank you for the info. I do have a pretty sweet compustar or however you spell it on the car. I will have to look into something like this in the future. Thank you everyone for the post and it feels good to be back. Just now really getting back into everything like the old days.

Thanks again everyone and looking forward to some warm weather to go cruise!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info