3800 Shuamburg/woodfield MAZDA sucks...

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
What an assclown salesmen i had. My GF was really intrested in looking at, and possibley purchasing a new Mazda RX-8 in the very near future.

SO I go along to check this new little car out. I must admit it its a pretty cool looking cars. I love the leather and interior. To bad its so damm small. :(

Anyway, were checking it out for like 5 minutes outside and then head inside to see what they got in there.

SO some slapdick, half ass salesman says hi and I say hi back...we imediatley proceed to the red RX 8 on the floor....we check it out for a while and hes talking to us and I inform him that we are intrested in possibly purchase the car but are still looking around at other options....bla...bla...bla......so where there like 20 minutes and I ask this dick-smack if I could Listen to the new Rotary engine/see the xeon lights/instrament panel etc......

He tells me they dont turn on the cars in the cold..??!! im like WTF??! IM like what are you talking about? He responds, we dont let people drive them around in the bad weather. I respond, So no one gets to drive any of the cars on your lot? Well, not really....eh....well.....eh.....is all i hear from him.......

SO why are you open today?....eh well.....its our policy not to drive the cars in the weather like this.......

IM like, I just want to hear the rotary engine/xexons/instrament cluster????!!!!

Hes like, eh well we dont take them out in the cold. IM like i just want to see/hear what i just said above.....

He kepts looking out the window(not at me mind you)and mumbling.....I simply turnded around and walked out and yelled loud a few comments that attracted a few customers and managers heads to turn.....my GF skurried along all embaresed(sp)....haha...

POint being, he was acting like a total ass to me......kinda looking and speaking to me as if I was some bum off the street or HS'er dreaming of owning a rx8 with not a chance in hell of actually purchasing teh vehicle....haha...ok.........

I mean, common, there were only 20 of them on the lot. It was not snowing and was not wet out.........

Total dick......Dont go there......I wrote and email to the dealership.......what a dick head salesmen.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
any dealership in schamburg sucks. Sucks that had to happen. I kinda did the same thing at a VW dealer when I had my 10 minutes of wanting a GTI. I stood there as sales people walked by and no one helped e. So I sat on the car and light up a smoke. Still no one. So I shouted all the way back to the car. :lol:

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Originally posted by Fish@Jan 6 2004, 04:54 AM
any dealership in schamburg sucks. Sucks that had to happen. I kinda did the same thing at a VW dealer when I had my 10 minutes of wanting a GTI. I stood there as sales people walked by and no one helped e. So I sat on the car and light up a smoke. Still no one. So I shouted all the way back to the car. :lol:
Fish that sounds like what I do. Whenever my friends go to buy cars they always ask me to go with because im the biggest ass to the salesman and i usually get my way. I just know when to walk away and know what buttons to push etc.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
yeah, i got screwed over by the pontiac dealer in schuamburg. they gave me paperwork for a 3 month warranty cause it was gm certified used car.

But when I had a problem 2 months in they said it didn't exist. GM ended up footing the bill after we faxed them the paperwork showing we had it and threatening GM and the dealer with a lawsuit.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I still don't see way people want to buy a new car. Way to much bs going on. Which makes my job harder cause everyone comes in wanting to be an ass thinking thats how they will get treated. People actually get mad cause we try to help them! Thankfully we get enough traffic that you can just leave people like that and make it up later. But since we can't take another up till our customer is done I usually shadow the hell out of them till they leave, I am trying to make a living you know.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
Im my personal experiences i have had nothing good to say about car salesman. Not saying your not. Im sure there are some honest and good hearted salesman but i have never run across one. I never go into a dealership looking for a battle. I leave it up to the salesman to try and pull something over on myself or someone im with that is buying. There are alot of number games dealers like to play. Yes the dealership has to make there money and they cant just give the cars away but they also have to be fair and truthful.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Really? I bought my GP from the Schaumburg Pontiac dealership on Golf road. The guys name was like, Tracy or something. He was literally the coolest guy. Gave us used car buying tips, looked for a student discount I could get, knocked off prices on the warranty (new car warranty on a used car), and was so laid back. He said he didn't pressure anyone into buying a car, which was really nice. I was 15 at the time and he let me test drive the car anyways. Truely a good experience...

I went back 2 months later because my brakes were squeaking and warped a little. He said, "Here, I'll take care of it. I remember you saying something about that when you test drove it." After confirming I had nothing to do for the next hour, he took the car in the garage and fixed it. It was nice to be treated well.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Tell you the truth, most dealers ive been to on the NW side of Chicago wont give you the time of day unless you apprear to be 30 years old, or, have a cash deposit on hand......

On e other hand, on the SW side, the dealers walk up to you and practically throw you the keys to any car you want...........I still remember going into dealerships around oak lawn and orland (159th st) when I was 17-18 and dealers were throwing me keys left and right and actually treating me with some respect....

I reallly cant say that about the NW side dealers in Arlington/schuamburg/woodfield.

Personally, I like privte party deals the best......You get to know the person, how they drove the car, where too, mainteneace records, up keep, how they keep up there house and themslelves speaks a lot for thier cars too......

ALso, its much easier to negotate prices and so forth....

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
It is all about appearence. They see some young looking kids in. They wont take you seriously. I hate that

How do they know Im not loaded with cash!! I think everyone should be treated as a potential buyer.

This is common at alot of dealerships.

I remember going to buy my 2nd gp from a dealer. Now this would be the 5th POntiac we have bought from that dealership .. Well I walk in and no one even glances in my direction.. Until the main manager sees me and recognizes me. He immediatly walks over to me and says..LET MW GUESS another GP? I smile and say yup.. This had to be the easiest sale he ever made. All the other salesmen were pissed. I already knew what I wanted and was ready to trade my older GP in same day I left with on 00 Black GP!!

Not all salesmen are uselesspieces of shite!!

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
when I bought my GP from Napelton Pontiac in Schaumburg the salesman was a d*** ... he wasn't rude, I just didn't like his attitude... and he pulled the whole "so what can I do to get you in the car today" routine... (If i'm about to lay out alot of money I need to sleep on it first....)

I got my payback though :) I haggled with him over the price... he came down to a certain value and wasn't good enough... so then I pulled out my GM Supplier Discount paperwork hehe...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Aircal@Jan 6 2004, 09:07 AM
I still don't see way people want to buy a new car. Way to much bs going on. Which makes my job harder cause everyone comes in wanting to be an ass thinking thats how they will get treated. People actually get mad cause we try to help them! Thankfully we get enough traffic that you can just leave people like that and make it up later. But since we can't take another up till our customer is done I usually shadow the hell out of them till they leave, I am trying to make a living you know.
Carmax is totally different IMO. Ive been there a few times when I was looking for a car, got a qoute for my old cavalier and went a few times with a friend looking for a car. I like the atmosphere there for some reason. Probably cause someone actually would have let me test drive a vette they had there. I nearly pissed myself. :eek:

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Wow - the head saleman treated you that way? Maybe we should all go there and ask to hear what a rotary engine sounds like! :angry: :eek: What was the guys name? I drive by there all the time - I'll stop by!

Ya, we've all had dealership stories - good and bad. Most of the time when I go to a dealer, they just give me the keys and I test drive it by myself :D . I remember going to Gary Lang Auto (McHenry) and asked to test drive a WS6 - the guy just gave me the keys and told me to come back when I was done! WHOA! I was just at Subaru Schaumburg 2 weeks back - test drove a stick 2.5XT. The sales guy came with me on this drive. I still remember him shooting "I THINK IT REDLINED - I THINK IT REDLINED!" I drove it briskly - to put it mildly :lol: . I told the saleman that I really wanted to test drive an auto, but there wasnt one on the lot. HOWEVER, there was one in the middle of the showroom floor! The guy was willing to move all the other cars out of the way so I can drive the auto! And on top of that, it started to rain hard. I told him Im not buying the car today. He didnt have to go through all that trouble. Very nice guy. If I was to buy another Subaru, I'd buy it from there. But have I mentioned Subaru's 2.5l suck!?!? Bahh.

Then their are bad:
Also about 2 weeks back, I went to Honda in Crystal Lake (Rt31). I was intrigued by the Honda Element so I was at the floor looking at one. A salesguy comes and starts asking me questions. His sales technique was old and outdated - his questions were BLUNT to find out if I had money, a job, a house, a good car to trade in. I answered as politely as I could. Then he asks: Is this for you or your wife? I said it's for my wife. He facial expression IMMEDIATELY withdraws from trying to sell to nothing. He says - "well, bring your wife in here, OK? THEN you can test drive it. Here's my card. "
A few months ago, I went to Mitsubishi in Crystal Lake (Rt31) to see the awesome Evo VIII! Talk about a dick of a salesman! All I remember him saying was a snobish "whatever you say! whatever you say!" dickhead... :angry:

Yes, their are certainly good dealerships/bad dealerships and good/bad salespeople.

Aircal: You sell cars? Where at? I'm in the market and hopefully you can help me?!?

J.E.T.
'97 Red GTP

Oh! There was an STi on the Subaru Schaumburb place. I declined the test drive :blink: ;) . (murmers - 2.5l piece of $hit)

when i bought my GP from finish line dodge in glenview the saleslady (yes lady lol) was cool as hell with me. i went to look at the 1st time by myself and she came out and asked me a bunch of questions, and let me test drive it. (im only 17, are they suppoused to do that? lol) i told her i would come back later in the week with my parents, and we ended up buying it from her. the only thing i didnt like was when she said "yeah a lot of people have been coming in to look at this car" and then when i got back in the GP to test drive it again with my parents the mirrors and seat were all in the positions i had left them a few days earliear...lol

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by BLK00GTP@Jan 6 2004, 11:19 AM
Im my personal experiences i have had nothing good to say about car salesman. Not saying your not. Im sure there are some honest and good hearted salesman but i have never run across one. I never go into a dealership looking for a battle. I leave it up to the salesman to try and pull something over on myself or someone im with that is buying. There are alot of number games dealers like to play. Yes the dealership has to make there money and they cant just give the cars away but they also have to be fair and truthful.
Actually I'm not even a salesman, I'm a Sales Consultant! B) ...lol
I agree totally with you. I would never make it at a regular dealership as sales. I'm actually well trained in the art of negotiation. But the other way...I was and hope to be again a Purchasing Manager, I'm great at getting a price down to what I think is fair. I'm lousy at makeing someone pay more.
Everyone has so many horror stories about going to dealers, that I don't know how some of them can go home at night and face their family. My wife of course dosn't like telling her friends I'm at CarMax so I tell her to say I'm in Retail Sales :eek: :D :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info