3800 Window problem

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Got a little problem, my driver's side window will not go down, like a week ago i put it down and heard a crunching sound and it did the same when it went back up. Then the next day my brother put it half way down and stopped and he had a hard time getting it back up, and then that night i tried putting it down and it barley budges. we ripped the door apart and felt around and it felt like it was still on track and i think the motor is still good, but on the inside on the window there was grease on the window and i didn't know why, anyone got any ideas???
thanks
Jim

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
yeah when i push the button it tires to go down and if it comes down a little i gotta go back and forth on the button to get it back up cause it'll go a little and stop and keep doing it till it goes back up, but the window don't go down right now not even an inch.

Jim

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
A- check all wires for cuts/freys, or burning, including switches on bothsides, all connects
B- check track, see if anything is jammed inside of it, either side of track.
C- make sure bottom of window and sides are not cracked (could get stuck in track)
D- check with voltmeter if you are getting a full 12volts to your motor, then from your switches.

Remember these are reverse polarity motors, very sensitive, but only one power and one ground.

Also could be the cable that is rubbing inside of the caseing, could have gotten frayed, and sticks, but not really likely.

try to find out those things, amd let me know what you find.

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
i'll check everything out tomorrow, but all iknow is is that the window worked fine, then still worked fine with crunching sound, then half way worked, and now won't budge. I really don't know crap about windows, so the one thing that broke happens to be the one thing i don't know about, so it kinda sucks. So Leo if you could possibly give me a hand i would greatley appreciate it, even just tell me or show me what's wrong and i can have someone else do it, but just so i know so i'm not getting screwed over.

thanks

Jim

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Hey bro I am in orland. If you need help let me know.

I have replaced my window reluctor and motor a cple time so I know whats up.

I think you will probably need a new window reluctor. This is the actual wire that moves up and down the window on the track that is attacjhed to the motor. It tends to fray and get all bunched up which causes jams and all sorts of drama.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info