3800 Need opinions

atomicman

Regular
Nov 10, 2008
Ok, this spring i wanna put some stuf in my car. Im saving now so that i can pay for everything. i want to get a tranny cooler, zzp radiator, new plugs and wires. This is just whst i want to do. My question to you guys, is, shoud i finish of my exhaust, ie headers and cat, or should i work on the engine, like throttle body work, or other suggestions that you guys might have. I would rather eait and get a cam then get rockers. so any thing would be grateful.
My current mods are:
cai, cat back, no u-bend, 3.4, 180 tstat

i know i need a dhp, i will have $$ for it by the end of this week, and then ill try and get one.

Thanks

zeez gtp

Addict
Nov 21, 2008
Bolingbrook
well i think if you would want to put in a cam and rockers, you would want to get your exhaust finished. that way you can get lots of flow going on. i am kind of in the same boat as you. i am trying to figure out what i want to do also for the spring time. i am getting the dhp in february and hopefully rocker arms in the early spring time. aaaah the hell with it man, just get all of it :D

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
i always have thought to get headers b4 a cam....
You will be pushing way more exhaust out of your valves and then it will get traped cause of your small ass manifolds.

Get ready for a new trans to with a cam install too.

Personally, I love the pcm....id include that in you list for this spring. The car feels so much better and stronger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info