3800 My Wife's Christmas Present, Happy New Year!!!

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

I was finally able to give her her Christmas present, albet a little late. This is her baby. It is an 87" IROC with a factory 350. We bought it in 95' as the second owner with 23,700 miles on it. It now has 48,800 miles but the factory paint started to go bad about four years ago. About two years ago a "friend" offered to repaint it for free. I spent weeks sanding out all of the old bad factory paint, smoothing out the door dings and spending $800 on the best PPG black available. The "friend" left more drips in the clearcoat than through a cold and flue season! For the last eight weeks, we have been leading her to beleive we were storing the car at another friends house where unknown to her I paid that "friend" to do a professional job. I put it in the "garage" section too.

So:

$2000 professional paint job from talented friends = $1000
Every emblem and decal replaced with new pieces = $400
The look on her face as she realized that we didn't wash her car but pulled every panel off, smoothed them over and painted the car = Priceless!

carries_surprise.jpg

iroc_2.jpg

iroc_1.jpg

iroc_3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list