Tom Glover
jamesknows3.jpg

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
see post, no radio or rear defroster...
Radio shorted and no rear defroster - Problems with my car! - NAIOA

all around fucked! lol i got the dash half apart was chasing down the fuse box/ rear defroster relay when i started the car and got SC making noise.. i was like WTF now...
SC has to be close to 220k miles or so.. i got it when it has 45-60k and i put another 158k on it.. been through 1 coupler and many oil changes. So i figure its time to get a lower milage range one any way..

It almost sounds like i have it in 4wd low and it has a whistle/ higher pitched sound like a transfercase.. if that makes any sense.

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
took of the belt and noise went away... double checked all the tensioners and other pulleys (alt and PS) but seems like it could use a coupler... thats on its way.. but also going to see if i can find me a new m90 just in case..

if it still makes the noise after the coupler ill post a video of it... but has to be a bearing just screaming.

thanks all for the replies and thoughts!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
with just the sc belt off right? with it off and it idling, close the bbv with your hand and listen at the gearbox with a screwdriver handle up to your ear....by opening/closing the bbv the air will drive the rotors and you might be able to hear the problem.

its quite possibly a high mile gearbox...i have heard em with a high pitch whine that i guess youd call a whistle.

i will point out that plenty of times ive seen the paper sc gasket crack/split and act like a reed making some odd noises and intermittent(though small) vac leaks

5 gal of 93 and a match :mamoru:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info