Intro and Info about GMR Torsens

Hi Guys,

I was on a FB page this week and heard about this board and how there are some guys on here that are doing big builds that don't use any other boards. Some of you already know me from Pontiac Nationals, IDD, MGM, and GPG events. I bought Fred Cakanic's Daytona a little over a year ago. I don't post a whole lot on boards, but always like to be a member in case there is something I am moving or looking for.

I will be getting my hands on some new GMR Torsen Differentials...I know this may seem odd since a lot of people have been searching for these parts and 1" chains for quite a while. In my search for sprockets for a set of sprockets for the 1" 7/16 pitch chains I purchased I made a contact who had the ability to get in touch with someone at Torsen in my search and he bought what was left of the 4t65 diff parts torsen had and will be assembling them in the next few weeks and asked me to see if I can line up buyers for them. He will be getting the parts this week and letting me know how many he can build. He told me it looked like there would be enough for 5-7 complete diffs.

If anyone would like to be on the interested list please let me know.

Thanks and nice to meet you all!
Brian Hendricks

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I don't remember what he used to run, I thought it was high-mid 11's if so then that's still the fastest I've herd of in this area I don't know if he has been on here since ilgpc merged, some people have sprayed close to stock m90 cars into the high 11's on here tho

What up Brian! TCG is the best place for 3800's. Post up some of the stuff you did to the Daytona. I cant wait to see it at nationals this year

I will have to upload some to a site to post them sometime soon. I actually took 5th place at the big 3800 meet in Michigan, probably would have done a little bit better had I been around the car to talk about it, but I was hungover as all hell cuz I partied in the camper at the hotel all night with Amanda V and her boyfriend. Fred's Daytona will probably be on the show field this year at Nationals, but I will have its twin on the track(I hope) putting down some lower ET's.

Yo yo yo. Why don't they make more?

I could probably have more built if we need more. My contact actually has a book with all the CAD drawings for the GMR trans parts and assembles the diff's after getting the parts from Torsen. He also has the ability to setup a trans brakes for me. He thought the 4t65e platform was pretty much dead after they ended the pro FWD nhra class and has asked me to help him move what I can. So far I have had my hands on 5 or 6 brand new torsens this year. He has 2 more sitting on his shelf right now for me and just bought what parts Torsen had left. He also said he could possibly have more GMR chainsets made because that was the reason I contacted him originally.

You still got that engine?

Yea didn't run it at all in 2013 since I chipped a piston in cylinder 5 end of the 2012 season with a best pass of 12.43 when it chipped. Then bought Fred's car and ran that all year last year. The motor is tore down right now in my buddies basement. I don't know when I will reassemble it because I sold the black car about 2 months ago. I have another 98 Daytona chassis that I am turning into a drag car this year, but have a L26 shortblock with 28k miles on it.

Hi Brian!

Hi Brian G!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info