3800 GP Gt Vs Mustang GT

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Alright. Here's my story.
I have a 98 gt nothing done to it just a k&n panel (which make no difference really). This guy i work with has a 97 mstang gt. We always talked about racing because I would talk shit about ford and how my pontiac family car was comparible to his ford sports car. So one day after work we end up heading the same direction (i was heading to a friends house). We quite luckily came up to a stop light perfectly as it turned red. I just looked over at him and he did the same and we both new what we were gonna do. So i rev once and so does he. I turn off my heat, radio anything that could possible rob power in the least, while he has both blasting. When the light turns green we both launch I take him by half a length off the line cuz he floors it and spins his tires while i caught traction really well. He caught back up by 2nd but when i hit 3rd he fell back again. We stayed about the same distance and hit 80 then quit. I gloated gladly. He shoulda smoked me. It didn't help him any that his is converible. Plus I know how to launch my car decently, while he just put the peddle to the floor and spun em and did a terrible shifting job because he shoulda easily pulled up on me it later gears. I'm proud of this race because I beat a sports car in a family car that shouldnt have won and I spent about 5K less on mine. :p

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Dec 30 2003, 12:00 PM
Man it seems everyone here has beaten a Mustang but me. :angry: I have not lined up with one yet that wants to race.. <_<

Oh sorry...Good Kill... :D
I haven't raced a mustang yet, but I'm waiting until spring to race the most LASHDJKALSNd cockiest bastard who has a mustang GT across my street with only an intake and exhaust.

I also raced a SVT mustang (brand new, temp plates) and had him off hte line and til about 50mph, and then his supercharger really started kicking in and he barely edged me out around 70mph...even then, he only pulled on me at about 1 car length between every 15mph. (80-95 he only pulled a car). I was shocked at how slow a stock SVT mustang is.

btw, nice kill. bragging rights is always the best.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by iliveonnitro+Dec 30 2003, 12:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iliveonnitro @ Dec 30 2003, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp@Dec 30 2003, 12:00 PM
Man it seems everyone here has beaten a Mustang but me.  :angry:  I have not lined up with one yet that wants to race.. <_<

I haven't raced a mustang yet, but I'm waiting until spring to race the most LASHDJKALSNd cockiest bastard who has a mustang GT across my street with only an intake and exhaust.

I also raced a SVT mustang (brand new, temp plates) and had him off hte line and til about 50mph, and then his supercharger really started kicking in and he barely edged me out around 70mph...even then, he only pulled on me at about 1 car length between every 15mph. (80-95 he only pulled a car). I was shocked at how slow a stock SVT mustang is.

btw, nice kill. bragging rights is always the best. [/b][/quote]
Im not trying to rain on your parade, but you did that to an 03 cobra?? Some people can hit 12s with those stock. Must have been a VERY crappy driver.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by iliveonnitro+Dec 30 2003, 12:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iliveonnitro @ Dec 30 2003, 12:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp@Dec 30 2003, 12:00 PM
Man it seems everyone here has beaten a Mustang but me.  :angry:  I have not lined up with one yet that wants to race.. <_<

btw, nice kill. bragging rights is always the best. [/b][/quote]
I shit my pants in my buddys 03 cobra w a SC!!!!!!!......He would have killed you.

That SC screams so F'ING loud.....he was shifiting at like 6k rpms to.....we reached 130 or so in the amount of time my car probley takes to go 70-80 or something like that...its was a little more then 2 blocks or something.

He used to be a proffesional racer, and told me stock he pulled 13.2s and 12.8 w only slicks on!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info