S/C Pulley swap , belt questions?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I'm about to put on a 3.5" Pulley here in the next month or so.. I know the GTP/GS/SS S/C uses one of these two..

Which do I need? Or is it one of the ones in the SSEi section that I bolded?
667 - Gen 5 blower stock belt GTP/GS/SS supercharged with stock 3.8" pulley (67 1/4" -1708mm)
663 - Gen 3 blower stock belt GTP/GS/SS supercharged with stock 3.8" pulley (66 7/8")
660 - GTP/GS/SS supercharged with 3.3 - 3.7" pulley (66 3/4")
658 - GTP/GS/SS supercharged with 3.2 - 3.6" pulley (66 3/8" - 1687mm)
653 - GTP/GS/SS supercharged with 3.1 - 3.5" pulley (65 7/8")

650 - GTP/GS/SS supercharged with 2.8 - 3.1" pulley (65 1/2")
645 - GTP/GS/SS supercharged with 2.6 - 2.8" pulley

716 - Bonneville SSEi or Riviera with a 3.4" pulley
721 - Bonneville SSEi or Riviera with stock supercharger pulley (72 5/8" 1845mm)
(Riviera/Bonneville use same length belts)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Nah, I'm dropping a pulley because I want a little more oomph outta this car.

I'm asking now so I know what to order whenever I get to it.. doing a few mods in a few months.

- headers , catless DP
- 3.5 pulley
- TB spacer (everyone's got opinions on that, I believe that it'll help so why not try it since I already have a coolant blockoff done. Figure it could help insulate the TB a little bit. If it doesn't work, then I just undo the bolts and put the stock ones back in.)

ZZP's site says a 3.5" is totally fine for a stock car even, so I should (theoretically) be fine to push a few more pounds through it since it's already got a FWI/IAT relocation, cooler plugs, colder t-stat (180 non-drilled)

Past that, not really looking to do anything else to the car. :dunno:

Figured I'd ask ahead of time, I'm gonna get this all done sometime between next month and the spring time. I'll probably order a PCM from them as well around that time.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Don't be a Sally a 180 is fine, I always ran a stock belt with a 3.5-3.6 but it was a different tensioner I think, find out what size you think it will be and let me know I have a bunch of random belts from my supercharged days and different configurations on my other car most are like new, and a pulley tool when your ready to get rid of the stock junk

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
The pulley swap shouldn't matter as long as he doesn't beat the snot out and got WOT all the time.

Btw, stay away from gator back bullshit.

Gattorback ftw. Youre crazy.

What's wrong with gatorback belts / I thought they discontinued them? :dunno:

Don't be a Sally a 180 is fine, I always ran a stock belt with a 3.5-3.6 but it was a different tensioner I think, find out what size you think it will be and let me know I have a bunch of random belts from my supercharged days and different configurations on my other car most are like new, and a pulley tool when your ready to get rid of the stock junk

James says go with the ones that were bolded on the bottom.. lemmie know if you have any. That'd be much appreciated :riski:

I have a whole snout I'm just going to swap over.. and the s/c oil as well. There's already a Thrasher 3.5" SC pulley on it. Dunno how it comes off. :dunno:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
No, it is not. Period.

Add more power and torque and plans for further mods... the trans can't hold together stock

Add to the fact more mods and more times giving it more gas for smiles

Had the stock trans be fine that would make this a whole different story

Do whatever you want, but don't act like there isn't a bigger thing to address here...

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
No, it is not. Period.

Add more power and torque and plans for further mods... the trans can't hold together stock

Add to the fact more mods and more times giving it more gas for smiles

Had the stock trans be fine that would make this a whole different story

Do whatever you want, but don't act like there isn't a bigger thing to address here...

need more like button for this

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
its probably come to the time that you should look for a cheap piece of shit gtp to mod and be nice to the park ave keep it a daily drive, in the long run it would probably be cheaper take as much weight out of it as possible and a mostly stock trans will live for quite a while in the high 200's to low 300whp range

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info