3800 Excel Audio in Palatine

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
How far is palatine from naperville? I have a nice pioneer speakers all the way around, 2 10" fosgates with a kenwood amp and a fosgate 1000w capacitor. I was looking to get a small amp for my door speakers and a new deck with the modulator for the steering wheel controls. I still have the stock deck because I don't want to have someone hook up the modulator for it with a new deck that doesn't really know what to do. Best Buy did the majority of my other stereo work and I'm not ahppy with it. I want someone better this time. Do you guys know if they can set up a new deck with the steering wheel controls? It'd be awesome to find a nice place I can trust up here. I recently moved here form indiana.

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
Naperville to that Palatine area is about 45mins.....right down 88 to 355 to 53 to end at Lake Cook rd go east turn at hicks rd 1st light then next light is Rand rd. Super easy to get to! I can tpicture where they are located theres a truck sales on one side, auto sales on the other , Lukes red hots on other side and old gas station on 4th corner....is it in strip mall behind?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

There are a couple of adapters out there that will work for the steering wheel controls, but I believe that they are brand specific. Either the Grandprix store or Club GP's website have them listed. Could be a DIY easy install. Some shops may also be able to convert your stock deck to have pre-outs, but I wouldn't reccommend it, since it doesn't send full range sound to either speaker (stock deck limits bass from fronts, and limits treble from rears). You may want to get the things you need and wait for a mod day when someone will be there that is familiar with how to wire it up. If you can wait until later this spring, I may be able to do it. I just got into a new house this week, and am itching to get a mod day going when the place is cleaned up.

if you want to keep the stock radio and add a amp you can buy a line out converter. its like $25 and converts the signal from the speaker wires into a box thingy that you can plug rca's into. it wont sound as good as a aftermarket radio though. you wont have any control over the subs or amp directly through the radio, you would have to go to wherever you choose to mount the amp and change it from there. a real PITA if you ask me. your better off going with a aftermarket radio

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info