Low boost

seems to be an intermittent problem, 800 miles to my brothers, and noticed the boost was low. Changed the map sensor and didnt fix it. When I got home we swapped super chargers and still no boost. We get about 3lbs.
Normally it has about 8-9lbs.
The weird thing is that when I was down there, the boost was working for about 20 minutes, then back to nothing.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
small vacuum leak when boost hits. hard to tell under normal idling. but when you hit boost the line crack open or the rubber boot opens causing the leak.

really hared to really tell. could be everything posted or one. replace the whole motor just incase.

small vacuum leak when boost hits. hard to tell under normal idling. but when you hit boost the line crack open or the rubber boot opens causing the leak.

really hared to really tell. could be everything posted or one. replace the whole motor just incase.

this is the replacement motor... :(

we redid about half the vacuum lines because we suspected a leak. I guess I will finish them off and see what happens

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
we replaced a lot of it. We swapped the boost controller just now. same result...
the only way we got full boost was to unhook the vacuum line on the supercharger side of the bypass or to unhook the vacuum from the other side of the boost controller

Did you mix em up? Top port on the bypass vavle diaphragm (hockey puck lookin thing) goes to the top tree on the Supercharger Bottom port goes to the BBV solenoid.

Also, You can just leave the lower port open to atmosphere, that takes the computer control out of the equation. I run my car that way, full boost, no issues.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Right now thats what we have, the bottom line is taken off and it seems to be running normally.

thats probably yer issue....good to leave it open to air and delete the bbv solenoid

ive seen guys plug off the bottom bbv cannister nipple and when the engine is up at operating temp the trapped air in the bottom expands and holds the bbv open...
the same thing can happen if the line that goes to the bbv solenoid is instead connected to the lower port

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info