3800 MOD DAY AT LP'Z SHOP

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
The voters have spoken. The 17th I will be hosting a mod day at my machine shop in Marengo. Everyone in the club is welcome, but please respond here and let me know who is in and who might go. I need a count in order to know what to expect as far as room to provide inside the shop for parking. Also for the accurate amount of beer we will need during the day ;)
Why this Mod day will kick a$$:
1. We will all be able to park inside while working on our cars.
2. We will be able to wash our cars inside the truck dock where we have a hose. You will have to bring the supplies though. Good time to wax before the cold comes.
3. I am planning on having one of the machinist actually run an intercooler on the CNC while we watch. That way you can all see the actual creation of the IC.
4. We will be installing 2-4 of the intercoolers during the mod day. This will help everyone witness what it takes and the uniqueness(is that a word) of my IC first hand. I will also have you guys to give me any advice on any finishing touches that the kit might need.
5. We will have a keg ;)
6. A parking lot to practice your 60' times :lol:
These are the directions
Take 90 west from the city. Take it all the way to RT. 20 exit. Also called Marengo/Hampshire exit. It is about 10 minutes past the Elgin toll. 5 miutes past the RT 47 exit.
When you get off at RT 20, it will push you into a light, TAKE A LEFT. This is RT 20.
You will take this about 5 minutes till you get to SOUTH UNION ROAD. GO RIGHT...You can only go right. You will pass WILD WEST TOWN.
Take SOUTH UNION ROAD for about a mile and my shop will be on your right. It is called New Dimensions.
6614 S. Union Rd
Union, IL
It is a massive beigh and green trim building on your right. Pull around the back of the building and we should all be inside. I will try to leave a door open so that you can tell where we are inside the building.
I hope we have a huge turnout for this event and all leave a little faster than when you showed up. Everyone in the club is welcome, even if you do not have a mod to install. We could always use the support and friendship. Hope to see you all there. RSVP on this forum please.
PEACE

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Holy shit! If I can get a cam by then, will anyone who'se swapped one before do the install for me? I'll help as much as I can, but I want to be sure it can get done ;)

We should get a nice picture of like 5 cars lined up doing burnouts. I already applied for the day off of work, so I'll reply if I could go later on. I emailed zoomer asking how I could get return my ER rockers for a cam, so it SHOULD be here. I just dont want to spend more than $1-200 on someone installing it :(

Oh well, it'll be a fun time and I can't wait!

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Charles, we can find a good spot on where to mount it that day. That is the tricky part. We will have my set up to look at and give you some ideas. After you have the chiller mounted, then you know exactly what size hose you need. So we should definitely mount it that day and discuss hose routes. I also have your other goodie ready to go ;) It sounds like we will need some happy knobs also :D

Yes you should be able to burn out until you have flat spots in your tires. But the weather might not be appropriate....but reverse doughnuts are always fun too.We will probably just throw in and order some pizza. So just bring some cash for beer and pizza. Any other kind of drink you will have to bring with.

iliveonnitro

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Schaumburg, IL
Originally posted by zeez gtp@Dec 28 2003, 05:05 PM
Would anyone be willing to help me install the TOG's. I am dieing to get them on. Plus it will be in a garage so there will be heat :D If you are willing to help, let me know how much you charge. Thanks

Zack
I'll help for free if you help me install mine for free when I get them :p

I've never done it before, but I just installed this intake insert for my GT tonight, and I'm feeling pretty confident after that.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by SnM@Dec 28 2003, 11:31 PM
:(

Sorry, won't be able to make it. Damn weddings ruin EVERYTHING! What is the point of them anyway? ;)
to put you in cloths you hate.
to suck money out of you.
to pray on your pitty.
to try to get YOU to be next.
to medel in your buisness.
to get DRUNK, and act like a fool in front of relatives.

have I missed anything.... :lol:

oh-ya..to take you away from your friends.. :ph34r: and having, real fun.

hope to see you around sometime soon.. ;)

LP 3800

Addict
Nov 24, 2008
Charles, which GP is that going on? I can just look at a GT or SE that shows up if you want. Or gtp, My loation is probably the best, but whatever you want to do.

Sorry to hear about those who cannot make it. Unfortunatley it would be the same story if we changed it to another date for other people. The good news is that we can do this almost anytime we feel like it. ;)

I will always find a place for people drinking to sleep over. It may be at the shop or maybe my place. I will do the best I can for everyone, which has always been good enough in the past.

Maybe we can all hit up WILD WEST TOWN later that night? :D Who knows, but it will kick ass and that is all you need to worry about. We will not do anything that the under 21 crowd cannot so though.

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
Originally posted by beyerch@Dec 29 2003, 01:57 AM
FAWK

I may not be able to make it as we may be going on vacation for a day or two and that would be one of the days. .... MY LUCK :(

Maybe pictor can drive the car out for me and get you to take a peek at it for the chiller! :blink:

I'll let you know later this week what I'm up to !
Ill take her out there for ya but like I said it would be later in the day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info