3800 GUYS - don't screw up like this

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Strange News - AP

Man Says He Gave Wife Toilet Seat As Gift
Tue Dec 23, 8:27 AM ET Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

LONGMONT, Colo. - Gary and Karri Clark haven't forgotten their second Christmas together. He knew she wanted bathroom accessories, so he wrapped up a couple of gifts and waited.

The toilet seat and towel rack didn't go over too well.

"Here I thought I was doing good," he recalled with a laugh. "It was something she can always use, day after day. It's the gift that keeps on giving."

The Clarks were among those who responded to requests by the Daily Times-Call newspaper to share their stories about bungled gifts and best intentions — the waffle makers, blenders and vacuum cleaners given with love and practicality in mind that will never be forgotten or forgiven.

Karri Clark admits she wanted a new toilet seat a decade ago because there was a crack in the old one. She just didn't think she'd get one gift wrapped.

"I could not believe it," she said. "What man gives you a toilet seat for Christmas?"

Stan Stanley said he learned his lesson about practical gifts in the early 1980s after presenting his wife with a garage door opener one Christmas. There was no entrance from the garage into the house, a source of irritation for Connie Stanley.

"I was so excited about opening it. I had no idea what it was," she said. After 57 years of marriage, she said, she has to forgive Stan when he makes a mistake like that.

Tom Tinkle remembers giving his wife a birthday blender and how she did a wonderful job of oohing and aahing before setting the box aside. When she finally took the blender out of the box, she discovered a sapphire bracelet slipped inside.

"It was a surprise for her and possibly made her rethink her opinions of her doofus husband giving her a bonehead blender for a gift," Tinkle said.

Gary Clark admits his bathroom gifts were out of desperation: It was Christmas Eve, he was at Kmart and he couldn't think of what to buy his wife.

"She wanted it, but not for Christmas," he said. Since then, he's done better: His wife received a Ford Explorer for her birthday this year.

MrT

L

lliquibop

us guys can never win... we are some how forced into this holiday... we try to avoid shopping year round... then BAM... we have to go shopping... for a gift... for the girl... what to get her that she'll want, need, and that will be insightful... well... men have disillusioned thoughts already about what women want... so we already have a few points knocked off our score right there.... now we are forced to go to a store to buy something... couple more points off... cause unless we are buying our self a toy... shopping is agony... now we have to buy something for her... yeah... a she... so now we have to go to a place that girls like... bath and body works is a girlie place... funny extreemly strong scent. so knock a few more poinnts off... by the time we have rationalized a gift for the girl... we have rationalized, and rerationalized on a nausious and unwilling brain... almost anything would do by this point... we could talk our selves into getting her anything and how much she'll love it... i mean... what guy came up with the line "its the thought that counts" see what i mean??

a girl should be happy he remembered to shop before the 31st... if it werent for the constant howeling from the radio, tv, and bastard carolers. we would forget the holiday altogether. just like our own birthdays...

kyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list